cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover sent me a gift! (And it's not a CC)

tag
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover sent me a gift! (And it's not a CC)

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

So after collecting my mail today, I opened an envelope from Illinois to find a Discover It themed card from (you guessed it) Discover. 

The left side of the card reads: "We're so glad to have you as a cardmember."
Attached on the opposite side is a Starbucks gift card, and when removed, the back side reads "Enjoy a $5 treat on us. #discoverjoy" Awesome!

Personally, I think this is rad. I know it's not a huge deal, but I'll take it considering I'm a level 10 caffeine addict. Also, I find it hilarious considering Chase Freedom has a 5% bonus on Starbucks purchases this quarter. LOL Take THAT Chase! Smiley Tongue

Has anyone else received phat lootz from Discover, or any other CCC for that matter? Any stories out there?

(For the record, the back of the card says "Starbucks is not a sponsor of this program.") 

CongratsSmiley Happy on your gift!!! They dont lover me, I didn't get anything

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 11 of 24
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

I also received a $5 Starbucks gift card from Discover yesterday, pleasant surprise.

Now off to get my venti chai tea latte...

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 12 of 24
jumpinjax
New Contributor

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

So after collecting my mail today, I opened an envelope from Illinois to find a Discover It themed card from (you guessed it) Discover. 

The left side of the card reads: "We're so glad to have you as a cardmember."
Attached on the opposite side is a Starbucks gift card, and when removed, the back side reads "Enjoy a $5 treat on us. #discoverjoy" Awesome!

Personally, I think this is rad. I know it's not a huge deal, but I'll take it considering I'm a level 10 caffeine addict. Also, I find it hilarious considering Chase Freedom has a 5% bonus on Starbucks purchases this quarter. LOL Take THAT Chase! Smiley Tongue

Has anyone else received phat lootz from Discover, or any other CCC for that matter? Any stories out there?

(For the record, the back of the card says "Starbucks is not a sponsor of this program.") 

Received mine three months after card opening.

Message 13 of 24
CreditControl
Contributor

Yes!  My husband and I both received this gift card.  But did I read correctly in the responses here that there may be a $2 fee for USING the joyous gift card????

CSP - 11,000 Chase Freedom 12,000; AMEX Delta Gold 2,000; AMEX Delta Platinum (AU) 15,000; Discover IT 9,500; BOA Cash Rewards 30,000; AMEX BCE 9,900; Belk 7,000; Macys 7,000; Lane Bryant 3,600; HH Gregg 3,000; Care Credit; 7,200; Bloomingdale's 3,000
Message 14 of 24
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Kind of makes me wonder to what extent card companies track the rewards/perks of competitors.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 24
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@CreditControl wrote:

Yes!  My husband and I both received this gift card.  But did I read correctly in the responses here that there may be a $2 fee for USING the joyous gift card????

No, no, no. Don't worry. Use it and you'll get the whole amount for your coffee or whatever you purchase.

I think the $2 or $2.50 that people are talking about is only if you let the card sit without use for a year or more.  I've personally never seen anything like that, but I have used Discover gift cards and always gotten full value and no funny fees.

Message 16 of 24
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I also got a Starbucks card from them a few days ago. I was super excited about it, too! I've had their card for around 4 months. I am really starting to like my Discover card more and more. I can't decide for sure, but I might actually like them better than my AMEX. I feel like their customer service reps are better than AMEX's.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 17 of 24
maksimfa
Contributor

Well, that was nice of them to do.

Message 18 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I also just got a complimentary cup of coffee card in the mail. The little Discover folder was kinda nifty.
Message 19 of 24
krial
Regular Contributor

I received the $5 Starbucks card as well from Discover.

There is one Starbucks about 55 miles away, and the next one is 95 miles...

Rather worthless for me.

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.