Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover wanted a HP for CLI

tag
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Discover wanted a HP for CLI

I decided to call Discover since i have had my IT card for 7 months now, The Customer Service is by far the best of any card i have had (Probably due to the fact that all of their call centers are in the US), The representative asked me a few questions about income and why i wanted the increase, just when i thought i was about to get the increase he comes back saying that they need to check my credit report, i asked him if it was a SP or a HP and he said it would be a HP, I told him to just cancel the request and that i would call back at a later time.

I thought Discover did soft pulls for CLI's?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover wanted a HP for CLI

It's nice when you can get CLIs with SPs but most CCCs will require a HP for customer initiated cli requests. Obvious exceptions include Amex and GE.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I was denied a SP CLI about two weeks ago. This morning, I received one for $800. Give it a few more weeks.
Message 3 of 7
02whiteem2
Established Member

I literally just got an increase today and was assured it was a SP. usually they run it and wil let you know if a HP is needed to continue. I have been told that twice. The first time i needed it and this recent one i did not. Maybe your CSR was confused if he didnt try for a SP first.

Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I was told that if the computer cannot approve on a sp, the will inform you that a Hp would be necessary.
Message 5 of 7
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@Denny33142 wrote:

I decided to call Discover since i have had my IT card for 7 months now, The Customer Service is by far the best of any card i have had (Probably due to the fact that all of their call centers are in the US), The representative asked me a few questions about income and why i wanted the increase, just when i thought i was about to get the increase he comes back saying that they need to check my credit report, i asked him if it was a SP or a HP and he said it would be a HP, I told him to just cancel the request and that i would call back at a later time.

I thought Discover did soft pulls for CLI's?

I had the exact same experience. Thet wanted to do a HP on my request and I told them to cancel the request.  Hoping for a SP CLI , I was disappointed. I may SD this card if they dont show me any luv soon.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

Discover is a strange one. I got a CLI with a SP.

The internal system does a review first and see if they can grant the CLI otherwise it;s ocmes back and requests a HP.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.