Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover without a HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover without a HP?

I apped Discover today and got approved for $4k. What I didn't get appears to be a hard pull. I don't have any monitoring fro Equifax other than Credit Karma and they are usually pretty instant about change notifications. It's my first account so I doubt its like Amex.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: Forgot I had MyFico monitoring for EQ.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover without a HP?

I wouldn't go celebrating just yet, my experience with CK in this area has been mixed, sometimes quick, sometimes not.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I wouldn't go celebrating just yet, my experience with CK in this area has been mixed, sometimes quick, sometimes not.

I'm going to give it a couple days before I break out the champagne but just thought it was odd and worth mentioning/asking about here.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My last HP was with PenFed, my Experian and TU subscriptions/monitoring sent me an alert for the EQ HP immediately within the hour but CK didn't pickup the HP until the next scheduled update few days later.  
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll know for sure tomorrow. MyFico notifies the next day like clockwork.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far, no notification from myfico. Credit Karma doesnt update until the 12th. Now we play the waiting game!
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here we are at the 12th. CK has updated and shows no new inquiry from Discover and I have no alerts from myFico. It would seem they did approve based on a soft pull. Ive been signed up with creditscorecard.com since February so I guess they used it for the soft pull? Either way, still awesome!

Message 7 of 19
dragontears
Senior Contributor

You should go buy a lottery ticket with that kind of luck
Message 8 of 19
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

My experience with CK alerts is that it works well for TU, but not so much for EQ.

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jesseh wrote:

My experience with CK alerts is that it works well for TU, but not so much for EQ.

I agree. However there is no new inquiry when I look at the full report on CK or myFico.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.