Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discoves pre-approved offers

tag
squirrely2005
Contributor

Discoves pre-approved offers

I like to just check it every now and then and I tried to today and it tells me "my offers". It doesn't say "sorry we couldn't find an offer for you but check these out" or anything like that.

So I guess what I'm asking is is there a chance I do have a pre-approved offer or is it just giving me a general respone and not saying it "congrats" or "sorry".

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Discoves pre-approved offers

For thr offer to be pre-approced it will almost always say "ci gratulations you've been pre-apprpved for..." or 'pre-approved offers ..."

Discover changed their site a while back anf it now says "recommended offers" but if you look around a bit it will say the "sorry no offers" line somewhere. Usually havr to click on card builder or something
Message 2 of 7
squirrely2005
Contributor

Yeah I figured it'd have to say something. It almost doesn't matter 'cause I don't plan on applying. It would just be nice to know that I'm "pre-approved".

I do have another question about Discover. My brother recieved a mail offer and he's only 18 and about to start college next week. We couldn't find the letter after a few days but when he appd he got declined, which was okay. BUT he just recieved another offer in the mail. I did put him as an AU on my capitalone and the util has been high but is being paid off today in full. I can't remember the reasons for denial but I don't think it had to do with my cap1 util but do y'all think that it's a possibilty?

I'd like to try again even though my mom and even my gf are against it but he needs to get started and it wouldn't be a bad start with Discover. It's just that I've seen people starting out with credit in their low 20's and having a hard time, including one of my friends that told me the other night about the trouble he's having getting a card and he's 22. Should he give it a shot now or wait till my 0 balance on my capital one reports?

Message 3 of 7
jk26978
Regular Contributor

When I do the find my preapproved offers it does the recommended page with the opt- out notice at the bottom, if I do the card builder selection is actually does say "congratulations then my name and shows a couple of cards there

Just a tidbit - I have been playing with their site for a little while now.

Thanks

K

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden again till at least 6/1/16

http:
Message 4 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@squirrely2005 wrote:

Yeah I figured it'd have to say something. It almost doesn't matter 'cause I don't plan on applying. It would just be nice to know that I'm "pre-approved".

I do have another question about Discover. My brother recieved a mail offer and he's only 18 and about to start college next week. We couldn't find the letter after a few days but when he appd he got declined, which was okay. BUT he just recieved another offer in the mail. I did put him as an AU on my capitalone and the util has been high but is being paid off today in full. I can't remember the reasons for denial but I don't think it had to do with my cap1 util but do y'all think that it's a possibilty?

I'd like to try again even though my mom and even my gf are against it but he needs to get started and it wouldn't be a bad start with Discover. It's just that I've seen people starting out with credit in their low 20's and having a hard time, including one of my friends that told me the other night about the trouble he's having getting a card and he's 22. Should he give it a shot now or wait till my 0 balance on my capital one reports?

I would wait till your balance reports a $0. It's not gonna be that long of a wait, and it could be an astronomical help. It woul suck to be denied over something as small as a balance that you can pay off. 

I got an offer for the discover student more card in the mail, and still got denied for it. My sister got an offer though an was instantly approved although neither of us had any credit history at the time, mail offers are really hit or miss just like any other application. 

Message 5 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@squirrely2005 wrote:

I like to just check it every now and then and I tried to today and it tells me "my offers". It doesn't say "sorry we couldn't find an offer for you but check these out" or anything like that.

So I guess what I'm asking is is there a chance I do have a pre-approved offer or is it just giving me a general respone and not saying it "congrats" or "sorry".

It seems that Discover has changed the way that their pre-approval site displays offers. If you have pre-screened/opt-out info at the bottom of the screen (scroll down to look), then it seems that the recommended offer is a pre-approved offer.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 7
squirrely2005
Contributor

Thanks I did check it out and y'all are right.

@jsucool76 You're right. He'll just wait. The letter says it doesn't expire 'till 9/30 anyway.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.