Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney Chase Rewards Card chances at approval

tag
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Disney Chase Rewards Card chances at approval

Hi,

I'm thinking of applying for a Disney Chase Rewards for some of the benefits since I visit the parks a bunch.  I'm pretty nervous about being accepted though (I applied during its charter year and was declined).  Anyone have luck with high utility?  I'm hovering around 717 (719 CK fako) with 0 inquiries, 0 lates/bads, 8 years aaoa.  The problem I'm especially worried about is my high utility on the cards (one high limit card closed) and income to debt ratio.  If I get denied I guess I can try to recon, but I don't want to risk an inquiry and the short term credit drop if there isn't a good chance I'll get approved...

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Disney Chase Rewards Card chances at approval

Message 2 of 25
hyprble
Regular Contributor

it's at 41% both debt to credit and debt to income >.<

Message 3 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 25
john398
Senior Contributor

Do you have any other cards with Chase? I was able to get the Disney Rewards card on a recon

Message 5 of 25
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Do you have any other cards with Chase? I was able to get the Disney Rewards card on a recon

What was your util when you reconned?

Message 6 of 25
hyprble
Regular Contributor

I've had a FirstUSA-turned-Chase since 1998 - right now it's a Freedom that I PIF.  Unfortunately I can't get the util down at the moment, and it seems like some cards take forever to report to CR.  I'm especially worried I have an installment loan that will be paid off in 3 months, and once that gets knocked to 0 my credit report will take another beating.

Message 7 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I don't think you'll have a problem plus Chase is good with recons.
Message 8 of 25
john398
Senior Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

What was your util when you reconned?

Pretty high about 70% but they could see my payments on my Chase Freedom card as well being a lot higher than min balance

Message 9 of 25
hyprble
Regular Contributor

That's good to know they can see my relationship with Chase - I carried a balance for a long time under a long term low interest offer, then it went into some class action lawsuit.  I paid off the card a year ago and keep a 0 balance on it (some months I can't get it down to 0 before the bill cuts, but I never pay interest on this card ever again)

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.