Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney Chase Rewards Card chances at approval

tag
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Re: Disney Chase Rewards Card chances at approval

I found out the credit limit I got and am very happy with it!  I applied through the Disney annual pass benefits site and was able to "prefill" the application using my information from my current Chase login, so I feel that might have helped with my approval (both proving my 15 year perfect history with Chase and my tendency to spend money at Disney).  If anyone is considering signing up and is an annual passholder, I recommend using the promotion on the annual pass site ($100 Disney card after a $500 in first 3mo spend).  That was the best deal I found for the regular rewards.  (I did not want the annual fee premier rewards card)

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 25
john398
Senior Contributor

Congrats did you get the regular card or the prefered card?

Message 22 of 25
hyprble
Regular Contributor

I opted for the regular rewards card (no annual fee)

Message 23 of 25
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@hyprble wrote:

I opted for the regular rewards card (no annual fee)

Congrats on your success!  What sort of balances did you have on your cards when you applied?

Message 24 of 25
hyprble
Regular Contributor

I had about 14 open accounts when I applied and an installment loan from a peer to peer site... Most balances were 0 with the exception of 3 cards that were almost maxed and a few cards with low balances (between $25-120) where I pay in full but the bill cut before paying off. I'm not sure what they used to determine my limit since it was over 2k higher than my chase freedom. I speculate it had to do with my chase history more than my spotty credit report. I'm definitely not complaining and will make this a PIF card. The rewards itself are just ok, but I like the other benefits like some of their member only opportunities at parks

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.