Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disover -- BK Friendly

tag
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Disover -- BK Friendly

All,

Is there anyone out there who have been approved for any of the Discover products with a bankruptcy on file?

Thanks,
Phumanr
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disover -- BK Friendly

phumanr wrote:
All,

Is there anyone out there who have been approved for any of the Discover products with a bankruptcy on file?

Thanks,
Phumanr

Uh oh, does someone have the Discover bug?  I don't have a BK, tho I have some uglies from 3 years ago.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I hope to hear a yes! Unfortunately, Discover has never been known to be BK friendly...let's hope someone else says otherwise.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Brammy's was still showing when she got hers-
It was 7 years old though-
Message 4 of 15
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

I am glad I asked this question...I was on their website chatting with a Discover rep, and she was encouraging me to apply. I told her  that I have a BK that is over 2 years and a TU score of 696 and she said that is was ok to apply.

Phumanr
Message 5 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Timothy wrote:
I think Brammy's was still showing when she got hers-
It was 7 years old though-

You're right now that I think about it.
Message 6 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

phumanr wrote:
I am glad I asked this question...I was on their website chatting with a Discover rep, and she was encouraging me to apply. I told her  that I have a BK that is over 2 years and a TU score of 696 and she said that is was ok to apply.

Phumanr

I'm shocked...in a good way of course. Which card interests you?
Message 7 of 15
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

I am interested in the Discover Open Roads for the cash back on the gas. I wonder if there are different credit criteria for their different products? I got the itch, but scared to apply....I don't want to waste an inquiry. I have WalMart Discover, but want the real thing.

Phumanr
Message 8 of 15
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

phumanr wrote:
I am interested in the Discover Open Roads for the cash back on the gas. I wonder if there are different credit criteria for their different products? I got the itch, but scared to apply....I don't want to waste an inquiry. I have WalMart Discover, but want the real thing.

Phumanr

I'm waiting on pins and needles here....
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 9 of 15
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

I went to whogavemecredit.com and the only bk approval I saw with the real Discover product was at the 7 year mark, which was consistent with Brammy's. Until I hear a different story, I am going to hold off on Discover!

Phumanr
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.