Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Oddity

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Dispute Oddity

I had an unusual result with a dispute I recently filed.  

I disputed a 60day on two accounts closed a few years back, one Orchard and another HSBC.  I got the results today, and instead of fixing the 60day...they deleted the entire tradeline...the account and all history is gone.  Anyone else had anything like this happen ? 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Dispute Oddity

Congrats

Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

I disputed a 60day on two accounts closed a few years back, one Orchard and another HSBC.  I got the results today, and instead of fixing the 60day...they deleted the entire tradeline...the account and all history is gone.  Anyone else had anything like this happen ? 

Sometimes that does happen, and in some cases does more damage then good (killing someone's AAoA). They consider the entire TL inaccurate and delete.

Hopefully its helped you more than hurt, CONGRATS!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
n777ua
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Sometimes that does happen, and in some cases does more damage then good (killing someone's AAoA).

Which it looks like it did, not sure how accurate creditkarma is but my scores are down about 20 points....swell.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 4 of 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

This is what I am affraid of, I have two HSBC cards misreporting, both are closed with a zero balance, no negatives but both are reporting open in good standing one with a $69 balance its AF, that has been reversed in the system. So I let sleeping dogs lye and aging, when they get around to closing them I will get 10 years of good reporting from that date instead of 6 months ago when I closed them. If i dispute them they might get closed and they are among some of my oldest TL's no reason to risk deletion.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.