cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do BoA credit cards always close on the same day of the month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do BoA credit cards always close on the same day of the month?

Hi, just got a quick question that I figured anyone else with Bank of America could help me with.

I was recently approved for and received the Cash Rewards credit card, which will be a useful addition to my portfolio of cashback cards.

I have noticed that some banks always cut statements on the same day of every month (e.g. my Chase statements are always on the 3rd, PenFed always on the 12th). Others vary month to month by a few days (e.g. Capital One is always between the 25th-28th).

Which way does BoA Cash Rewards work? I need to know for some payment planning and spreadsheet work Smiley Happy thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Do BoA credit cards always close on the same day of the month?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, just got a quick question that I figured anyone else with Bank of America could help me with.

I was recently approved for and received the Cash Rewards credit card, which will be a useful addition to my portfolio of cashback cards.

I have noticed that some banks always cut statements on the same day of every month (e.g. my Chase statements are always on the 3rd, PenFed always on the 12th). Others vary month to month by a few days (e.g. Capital One is always between the 25th-28th).

Which way does BoA Cash Rewards work? I need to know for some payment planning and spreadsheet work Smiley Happy thanks!

Yes. Rest assured, close date should remain the same for the time being. Unless they do a Capital One on you in the future. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info and the quick response!

Message 3 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info and the quick response!

You are welcome. Congratulations on your approval. It's a great card with SP CLI potential.

Message 4 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

For any given credit card account BoA generates statements on the same day every month for example if it's on the 9th, it's dated the 9th for every month.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the same day every month, 3 days after the due date.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.