cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Chase’s “Selected for You” offers still bypass 5/24?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do Chase’s “Selected for You” offers still bypass 5/24?

So, today I logged into my Chase app, and wemt to the my offers section. I saw that I had “Selected for You” offers for the Slate, CSP, and CSR. All three of them had green checkmarks beside them, a set APR, and opt-out language. However, I am LOL/24 from the 8 card app spree I did back in May, so I am a bit skeptical of these offers. My scores are all in the mid 700s, my AAoA is at about 1 year, and I have no baddies. My only relationship with them this far is my Freedom card, which was a part of my app spree. If these offers cancel out 5/24, I may app for the CSR. Do you guys think these offers are worth risking a HP or should I remain in the garden?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Do Chase’s “Selected for You” offers still bypass 5/24?

@Anonymous wrote:
So, today I logged into my Chase app, and wemt to the my offers section. I saw that I had “Selected for You” offers for the Slate, CSP, and CSR. All three of them had green checkmarks beside them, a set APR, and opt-out language. However, I am LOL/24 from the 8 card app spree I did back in May, so I am a bit skeptical of these offers. My scores are all in the mid 700s, my AAoA is at about 1 year, and I have no baddies. My only relationship with them this far is my Freedom card, which was a part of my app spree. If these offers cancel out 5/24, I may app for the CSR. Do you guys think these offers are worth risking a HP or should I remain in the garden?

My understanding is that yes it bypasses 5/24. But these things keep changing.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 10
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Although CSP and CSR are both listed, they won't give you both cards.  You have to choose one or the other.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Don’t do it—a friendly warning. 😁

I was 7/24 with 800 FICO scores and like 2% UT when Chase had 3 green check marks on my dashboard in March 2018. Immediately declined.

I called Chase because I could NOT believe it. Reason for decline—over 5/24.

THEN, WHY GIVE ME THE GREEN CHECK MARKS I almost screamed. I would not have applied. Then I had to dial back my anger and remember it wasn’t the CS rep’s fault.

I was so mad that I cancelled my Chase FU that instant and applied for AmX — SL $15K and a CLI from NFCU from $15K to $25K.

And I don’t regret my decision at all. So glad to have a diverse CC portfolio where I could say, Adios Chase!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 10
sjt
Senior Contributor

You should go to a Chase branch and see if you have any pre-approved offers. I was over 5/24 and was approved for a CSR card based on a branch pre approved offer.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Green checkmarked "Selected for You" offers will NOT bypass the 5/24 rule.  The only way to get around 5/24 is through an in-branch approval.  So if you're near a Chase branch I'd suggest taking your current Freedom card and government-issued ID and asking a personal banker if you have any in-branch approvals.

Message 6 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Earlier this year the green check marks stopped bypassing 5/24. They began to bypass 5/24 again a few months ago; just make sure your credit reports aren’t frozen! There are no guarantees, but there have been numerous reports of approvals for those over 5/24 recently.
Message 7 of 10
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

I recently came out of the garden to app for the FU because I had the 300 bonus "selected for you" offer, and I couldn't pass it up.

Shame on me though, because I took a point hit and was denied for 5/24. So at least a week ago, those did not bypass.

Chase is a stickler, and I honestly wonder if it is as great as people say.

Also, at the time of app, my scores were about 15 points higher than what is in my signature, utilization around 4%, AAOA around 2 years. I have also banked with them for 6 years. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input guys! I think I’ll wait awhile before I poke the bear. Probably too risky with all my new accounts anyways.
Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good plan. I would think safest bet when in doubt, as suggested ,would be to go to a branch.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.