Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have a chance with CareCredit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have a chance with CareCredit?

Sorry if wrong location, but I figured this would be the best location.

So my insurance changed and so did coverage for a particular surgery I was hoping to get done soon. I'm keeping my options open but CareCredit seems to be a popular one and I wanted to know if I had a chance now or if I should wait just a little longer. 

From reading the forums it seems they pull TU, though that could have changed and that's why I'm asking here. That score was 664 as of last month. I get my scores from Credit Check Total and, so far, they've been pretty accurate so I trust that it's relatively the same unless I got bit by something. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
thummel
Established Contributor

Re: Do I have a chance with CareCredit?

Only way to really know is to apply. Iv seen people with low scores get approved and even people with higher scores get denied. Just depends on the overall persons file. If you can afford a TU HP then you should give it a go.
Message 2 of 5
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

They seem to be generally forgiving of minor credit issues even if you have a lower score.  But its always a "YMMV" situation.   I was approved with a TU right around where you are a few years ago.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any relationship with sync bank? They are typically very lax about offering this credit line to anyone who has positive previous history according to my friend who does billing for a dr office. I apologize she has never mentioned a credit score but is always yapping about being amazed at how easy it seem to be to get.
Message 4 of 5
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Sorry if wrong location, but I figured this would be the best location.

So my insurance changed and so did coverage for a particular surgery I was hoping to get done soon. I'm keeping my options open but CareCredit seems to be a popular one and I wanted to know if I had a chance now or if I should wait just a little longer. 

From reading the forums it seems they pull TU, though that could have changed and that's why I'm asking here. That score was 664 as of last month. I get my scores from Credit Check Total and, so far, they've been pretty accurate so I trust that it's relatively the same unless I got bit by something. 

You should be good to go. I was approved in July for $8400 and my scores were 650ish. It was increased to $12k in Sept or Oct. 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.