cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have the correct Capital One Quicksilver Rewards card? This concerns the bonus cash promo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have the correct Capital One Quicksilver Rewards card? This concerns the bonus cash promo

I got approved for this card on 11/3/20, been using it regularly and always pay it off on time since then, just now I'm finding out there is a bonus cash promotion for spending $500 within 3 months of opening an account. I'm concerned about whether I am eligible for this bonus cash because there are multiple versions of the Quicksilver Card and not all of them are eligible for the bonus cash promo... I know I don't have the QuicksilverOne card because my card isn't stamped with the QuicksilverOne logo but just the regular logo. the "Quicksilver Rewards for good credit" card offers all the 1.5% back but is not eligible for the 0% APR OR bonus cash promo except I'm not sure whether I'm in possession of the "for good credit" version or the real deal Quicksilver Rewards that IS eligible for the bonus cash because my credit limit is only $300😂 I did go thru my email until I found the approval message from Capital One, it doesn't say anything about it being a "QuicksilverOne" or "Quicksilver for good credit" version of the card and looking at my account info inside the Capital One app, I'm seeing my current APR is 0% until 8/24/21 so mainly I'm just trying to be 100% sure that I am eligible for this promotion and since I've already spent past $500 then when should I expect to see the bonus cash back?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I have the correct Capital One Quicksilver Rewards card? This concerns the bonus cash promo

@Anonymous wrote:

I got approved for this card on 11/3/20, been using it regularly and always pay it off on time since then, just now I'm finding out there is a bonus cash promotion for spending $500 within 3 months of opening an account. I'm concerned about whether I am eligible for this bonus cash because there are multiple versions of the Quicksilver Card and not all of them are eligible for the bonus cash promo... I know I don't have the QuicksilverOne card because my card isn't stamped with the QuicksilverOne logo but just the regular logo. the "Quicksilver Rewards for good credit" card offers all the 1.5% back but is not eligible for the 0% APR OR bonus cash promo except I'm not sure whether I'm in possession of the "for good credit" version or the real deal Quicksilver Rewards that IS eligible for the bonus cash because my credit limit is only $300😂 I did go thru my email until I found the approval message from Capital One, it doesn't say anything about it being a "QuicksilverOne" or "Quicksilver for good credit" version of the card and looking at my account info inside the Capital One app, I'm seeing my current APR is 0% until 8/24/21 so mainly I'm just trying to be 100% sure that I am eligible for this promotion and since I've already spent past $500 then when should I expect to see the bonus cash back?

No. The QS for "good credit" does not have the SUB. I would think you have the QS for "good credit" because of the CL of $300.

I do find it surprising you have the 0% intro period, because you shouldn't. I would be happy that you got it. I wouldn't count on getting any SUB. I would call and see if you have the SUB attached to your card. With your situation, there is really no way to guess.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I have the correct Capital One Quicksilver Rewards card? This concerns the bonus cash promo

I looked everywhere through the app in my account settings and found no mention of the "for good credit" version being the type of card I have. Before I call them I'm hoping someone else here who actually has the for good credit version of this card can tell me if their app labels their account as a "for good credit" version of the Quicksilver... I do remember specifically applying for the real deal Quicksilver card because the for good credit version had its own "apply now" button that I stayed away from😂 hopefully a call to customer service can tell me for sure if I can't get a 100% sure answer here 

Message 3 of 10
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous I'd echo a bit of what @Anonymous said earlier. Your $300 SL is the lowest that CO offers on the QS, which would make me inclined to believe that you weren't given the bonus opportunity. My sister was approved for the QS last year with a SL of $500 and didn't get the bonus. Perhpas call them and clarify if you are eligible. 

It seems like the only differences between the QS and QS for Good Credit are the level of underwriting necessary to get them and the approval terms. I don't think "For Good Credit" is going to show in your account anywhere, because it's still the same card. 

For example, my Savor One approval did not come with a bonus, but I did receive a similar 9 month 0% apr period and a lower variable APR than the "For Good Credit" version. I was wondering if I got the Savor One For Good Credit or a hybrid of the two, but ulitmately it doesn't really matter. The wording is simply marketing to get people to apply for their cards and it seems as if CO is issuing cards with terms not even outlined on their site. That wording is nowhere to be found on my Savor One account. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright so I have them a call and they told me I have the correct version of the card but that I was supposed manually opt in to the promo? Did you guys have to do something like that? apparently I'm not eligible because I didn't sign up for the deal when I first opened the account... 

Message 5 of 10
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

Nope, I never had the opportunity to manually opt into a CO bonus. 

Message 6 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I have no clue why CSR would say that, since there is no manual opt in for a SUB. 

You got the offer with no sub, 9 months of 0% apr promo, then probably 24.x% apr. You didn't miss out on opting in, but instead,you didn't qualify for the offer than comes with larger CL, longer 0% promo, and a SUB. 

You still get rewards, no AF, so it's still a good thing. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So besides not being eligible for the bonus, I should still have all the other features of the full fledged version?

@Remedios wrote:

I have no clue why CSR would say that, since there is no manual opt in for a SUB. 

You got the offer with no sub, 9 months of 0% apr promo, then probably 24.x% apr. You didn't miss out on opting in, but instead,you didn't qualify for the offer than comes with larger CL, longer 0% promo, and a SUB. 

You still get rewards, no AF, so it's still a good thing. 

Message 8 of 10
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous correct. Everything else about your card is the same. 

Message 9 of 10
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

@Anonymous You have what's commonly referred to as a "bucketed" card with Capital One. No signup bonus, etc. As another member stated, I'm quite surprised you have a 0% intro APR. Nevertheless, if Cap1 gives you a $300 credit line, it's likely that no other creditor is going to give you very favorable terms on a card and/or a much higher starting credit line...unless, of course, its a credit union.

Best of luck in your build/rebuild!

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.