Did you mean: 

Do I have too many cards?

tag
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Re: Do I have too many cards?

@Anonymous wrote:
AAoA?

Average Age of Accounts. See the Common Abbreviation sticky.

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the preocess of paying down my debt. The biggest hit that I take is a high utilization. When, I ever get my debt paid down, and my 2 baddies fall off, I calculate by next June. My fico scores will be over 750 and I can' t wait. It's been long time coming.
Message 12 of 15
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am now getting prime cards, I want to close out my old Household credit card, but it has the longest history. Macy's is next by 2 mos. Ive had both since 2005, what do you guys think?

I suggest waiting on Household until Captial One takes it over, and see what they do with it.  I don't see the point in closing Macy's.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot about that change, good tip. Thanks
Message 14 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I am now getting prime cards, I want to close out my old Household credit card, but it has the longest history. Macy's is next by 2 mos. Ive had both since 2005, what do you guys think?

I suggest waiting on Household until Captial One takes it over, and see what they do with it.  I don't see the point in closing Macy's.

+1

though wouldn't necessarily be holding out too much hope that the cap1 take over will lead to significantly better terms or customer/card services.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.