Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need any more credit?

tag
Drefrombk
New Contributor

Do I need any more credit?

I have been slowly trying to build my credit. I just want anyfeed back of another cards I could get or should I be content with what I have. I'm

Orchard Bank-CL-300

B Of A  Secured-300

CJ CL-2500

Kay Jewelers CL-3000

Jared-1500

JB Robinson-CL-1500

UTl->3%

FICO's- EQ 629 TU 597 Ex 588

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I need any more credit?

For your scores you seem to have hit all the usual suspects with success. Perhaps let them age then move up the credit ladder for more rewarding prime cards.

BofA will unsecure and grow. Orchard you will want to cut loose at some point when you aquire prime cards. And the jewelry cards are simply there to pad your utilization I assume. Unless of course you are a avid jewelry buyer otherwise you will probably cut them loose as well some time in the future.

How many have you added this year? If most of them I suggest you hold 1 year then shoot for some better cards. CU's and prime lenders.

Message 2 of 5
Drefrombk
New Contributor

All my cards are less than 6 months old. Yea I guess I should let them age some more
Message 3 of 5
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Defenetly let it age.

@Drefrombk wrote:
All my cards are less than 6 months old. Yea I guess I should let them age some more

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That BoA can turn into your first real gem when it converts to a non-secured. You can move to a rewards card fairly soon thereafter and use that as the basis with which to built a wallet with great cards.

I think the cards you have now will get you there, but I agree you need to let them age a bit first.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.