cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to wait until payment reports to get CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I need to wait until payment reports to get CLI?

I have two cards, both with $500 SLs. My third Capital One statement cut a couple days ago and I paid in full, like I always do. Thing is, on my other card last month I accidentally let it cut with 80% UT (I can't wait to have higher limits) so my fakos took about a 27 point hit.

Now that my third CapOne statement happened, I will be requesting a CLI with them. My new statement for my other card (that I had high UT on) will cut tomorrow and with only about 5% UT. Would it be beneficial for my CapOne CLI to wait until my new UT reports to the bureaus so that my fakos bounce back up to normal, or will CapOne just review my history with only them and disregard the dip in my score?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I need to wait until payment reports to get CLI?

Wait until the statement cuts and it reports. It's only a few days.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last month it took like two weeks for my fakos to reflect my latest payments. But its just that CK and CreditWise are slow to get them, right? It only actually takes a few days to be reported to the three bureaus then where CapOne would see them?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait until they update. Try credit sesame, seems to be really fast.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

definitely wait for the update - Cap One will do a soft pull when you click the button, so you want the computer to see the best version of you possible.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI Capital One doesn't care about utilization when giving increases.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

definitely wait for the update - Cap One will do a soft pull when you click the button, so you want the computer to see the best version of you possible.

This may not be true.  One common theory around here is that Capital One uses a SP from 2-3 months back when you request a CLI; many have stated that they did not receive a SP at the time of a CO CLI request.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This may not be true.  One common theory around here is that Capital One uses a SP from 2-3 months back when you request a CLI; many have stated that they did not receive a SP at the time of a CO CLI request.

Good to know, thank you

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.