cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I qualify for these cards with my credit profile?

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Do I qualify for these cards with my credit profile?

@ezdoesit wrote:

You know the CSP is primarily a travel card.  Are you getting that one for the metal?

Yeah, pretty much.  That, and the 2x points on restaurants and the no wait customer service.  Since it's a Visa Signature, I'll convert my freedom to a World MC, so I'll have all my bases covered.

Message 11 of 15
RSCo
Established Contributor

Something doesn't seem to add up...

Your comment:

"Never missed a single payment EVER (in 13 years of having credit)"

Then your comment:

"The only flaw on my credit is a "Payments managed by financial counseling program" on one of my old cards (which I just paid off)."

These 2 things can't be mutually inclusive. You can't have NEVER missed a single payment but then have gone through some sort of credit couseling service program UNLESS the notation on your credit report is not correct. In that case, you shouldn't apply for anything until you've had the CA delete the comment. If it is true, then it's hard to give an assessment that means anything if there appears to be conflicting credit profile info that are in fact both polar opposites of credit worthiness.. The comment, if correct, sends a message to credit companies that at some point in time you had difficulties managing your own finances and needed assistance. This may scare them off. But good luck on whatever you decide.

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 12 of 15
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

Something doesn't seem to add up...

Your comment:

"Never missed a single payment EVER (in 13 years of having credit)"

Then your comment:

"The only flaw on my credit is a "Payments managed by financial counseling program" on one of my old cards (which I just paid off)."

These 2 things can't be mutually inclusive. You can't have NEVER missed a single payment but then have gone through some sort of credit couseling service program UNLESS the notation on your credit report is not correct. In that case, you shouldn't apply for anything until you've had the CA delete the comment. If it is true, then it's hard to give an assessment that means anything if there appears to be conflicting credit profile info that are in fact both polar opposites of credit worthiness.. The comment, if correct, sends a message to credit companies that at some point in time you had difficulties managing your own finances and needed assistance. This may scare them off. But good luck on whatever you decide.

I just had high utlization on 5 of my cards after my divorce.  It was gonna take forever to pay off the cards with the interest rates I had (which were decent but the balances and minimum payments were just too high), so I opted to do the debt management program.  However, the accounts were never delinquent at any point.  If I had known then what I know now about credit, I would have just negotiated directly with the credit card companies.

So that's how you wind up on a debt management program despite a flawless payment history.

In a related note, I spoke to someone at FIA today who said the "financial counseling" comment would be automatically removed from my CR 60 days after the last payment.

Message 13 of 15
RSCo
Established Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

21 total inquiries:

8 on Equifax

8 on Experian

5 on TransUnion

(6 inquiries are from 2 triple pulls Chase did when I refinanced my mortgage, another 3 are from a secured Capital One I got last year before I knew anything about credit, and 2 more are from a recent CLI on my Freedom)

Open accounts:

• Mortgage (got it in 2005, but refinanced in 2012) - paying since 12/2012, but only started reporting in 2/2013
  • HELOC (2007) - high utilization ($22.8K out of $30.8K)
  • 2 Car loans (from 2011, refinanced both in 9/2012, around $11K each)
  • 3 credit cards in sig
  • Rooms-To-Go card: $6K
  • CareCredit: $3.7K
  • Jared: 10K

Utilization: 1%

AAoA: 4 years, 6 months

Never missed a single payment ever (in 13 years of having credit)

Income: $88.8K

FICOs:

764 (EX from MyFico)

774 (EQ ScoreWatch)

755 (TU from MyFico)

The only flaw on my credit is a "Payments managed by financial counseling program" on one of my old cards (which I just paid off).  Amazing how that little comment makes me look like a deadbeat, even more than people who have had multiple COs.

The cards I want to get are the following:

American Express TrueEarnings

Barclaycard Sallie Mae MC

Capital One Quicksilver

Chase Sapphire Preferred

Do you think I would qualify for these cards with at least a $5K limit on each one?  How could I increase my chances of getting them?

What real and valuable feedback are you expecting from the folks here?  In looking at your question, your signature line and previous posts you've made in other threads  - unless I'm missing something - you made numerous conflicting statements regarding your credit profile.. All those statements could mean many different outcomes in terms of what you "could get".  In addition to what I stated above, I also just noticed that in your signature line you mention you ALREADY HAVE AMEX, but you don't list AMEX in the list of open accounts that you have above.. Also, in previous threads, it looks like you already know how Amex will respond to your, with denials, based on previous apps you've submitted.. It looks like they told you why in those denial letters.

What constructive feedback do you want to receive here?  It's difficult to provide any if there are so many conflicting variables.. It seems like you may already have your asnswers from these companies based on prior comments in threads you've made..

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Thought-Amex-was-SP-for-new/m-p/2238651#M626637

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 14 of 15
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

21 total inquiries:

8 on Equifax

8 on Experian

5 on TransUnion

(6 inquiries are from 2 triple pulls Chase did when I refinanced my mortgage, another 3 are from a secured Capital One I got last year before I knew anything about credit, and 2 more are from a recent CLI on my Freedom)

Open accounts:

• Mortgage (got it in 2005, but refinanced in 2012) - paying since 12/2012, but only started reporting in 2/2013
  • HELOC (2007) - high utilization ($22.8K out of $30.8K)
  • 2 Car loans (from 2011, refinanced both in 9/2012, around $11K each)
  • 3 credit cards in sig
  • Rooms-To-Go card: $6K
  • CareCredit: $3.7K
  • Jared: 10K

Utilization: 1%

AAoA: 4 years, 6 months

Never missed a single payment ever (in 13 years of having credit)

Income: $88.8K

FICOs:

764 (EX from MyFico)

774 (EQ ScoreWatch)

755 (TU from MyFico)

The only flaw on my credit is a "Payments managed by financial counseling program" on one of my old cards (which I just paid off).  Amazing how that little comment makes me look like a deadbeat, even more than people who have had multiple COs.

The cards I want to get are the following:

American Express TrueEarnings

Barclaycard Sallie Mae MC

Capital One Quicksilver

Chase Sapphire Preferred

Do you think I would qualify for these cards with at least a $5K limit on each one?  How could I increase my chances of getting them?

What real and valuable feedback are you expecting from the folks here?  In looking at your question, your signature line and previous posts you've made in other threads  - unless I'm missing something - you made numerous conflicting statements regarding your credit profile.. All those statements could mean many different outcomes in terms of what you "could get".  In addition to what I stated above, I also just noticed that in your signature line you mention you ALREADY HAVE AMEX, but you don't list AMEX in the list of open accounts that you have above.. Also, in previous threads, it looks like you already know how Amex will respond to your, with denials, based on previous apps you've submitted.. It looks like they told you why in those denial letters.

What constructive feedback do you want to receive here?  It's difficult to provide any if there are so many conflicting variables.. It seems like you may already have your asnswers from these companies based on prior comments in threads you've made..

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Thought-Amex-was-SP-for-new/m-p/2238651#M626637

Actually, I did include my BCP in the open accounts ("3 cards in sig").

Once I figured out that I was getting turned down only because of the "financial counseling" comment (regardless of utilization at the time of apping or any other factors), I knew I had to get it removed ASAP.

What I want to know is, is my profile strong enough to be approved for those cards with at least a $5K on each once the "financial counseling" comment is removed from my CR?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.