Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I still need my HSBC card?

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Do I still need my HSBC card?

BofA is oldest at 6 months, HSBC is a month and a half old. Basically new, If I close it wouldn't it show positive for 10 years anyways as it's been kept up since opening?
Message 11 of 16
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I really only got it to compliment the BofA, but shortly after was approved for Discover. I never had grand hopes for that card.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

While high CL's are sometimes reported to beget additional high CL's, low CL's do not necessarily beget low CL's. 

When DH had a low limit Orchard ($500 maybe), he app'd for his second card - Alliant CU and opened with $10K CL.

I would keep 'em open and let all 3 of them age for a bit.

Message 13 of 16
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I am leaning towards keeping it open, since there is no AF. I guess I'd have to use it every now and then so they don't close it.
Message 14 of 16
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
I am leaning towards keeping it open, since there is no AF. I guess I'd have to use it every now and then so they don't close it.

Yeah, let it age a year, see what CapOne does with it and charge a cup of coffee once in a while with it.  Are there any categories for discover that give you less cash back than the 2% on this card?  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 15 of 16
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Discover offers rotating 5% cashback categories and 1% on all other purchases, this card is 2% across the board, but the CL is a bummer as you have to pay multiple times monthly in order to maximize rewards.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.