cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I upgrade my Amex BCE to a BCP????

tag
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do I upgrade my Amex BCE to a BCP????

@jonblaze24 wrote:

I am still somewhat unfamiliar with AMEX, so would love some feedback here. They are offering $0 AF for the first year ($95 after) but also offering $150 in statement credit after the first $1,000 spend. I dont use my Amex as my daily driver but if necessary I can use that for a month or two and grab that $150 in credit. 

Also, does the BCP give cash back like the BCE does? Also do you think I will be able to downgrade after X amount of time to avoid that annual fee? 

Almost seems like a no brainer but was hoping to grab some feedback from those of you who are more versed in Amex. Thanks!

This card makes the most sense for me and my household spending. The 6% CB for groceries and 3% on streaming and transit pays the annual fee within the first half of the year. The statement credit only option does suck but I wait until it's Christmas time and use it to pay for those purchases at that time. 

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.