Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Macy Check EQ??

tag
GreatCreditFor2012
Contributor

Do Macy Check EQ??

I live in So Cal and although I'm still 2 1/2 months away from my App spree I'm just so excited and what to make sure I have all the info i need when the time comes! Thank you guys... You are soo much help!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Do Macy Check EQ??

Have historically been a big EX puller, recent reports of EQ pulls are cropping up, not sure if an apparent shift to using EQ in some cases relates to canidates with frozen EX reports.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 8
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

They soft my EQ report every 3 months.  I've heard the initial app gets EX pulled and then when you actually get the account, CLIs are based on the EQ soft pulls.    

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 8
GreatCreditFor2012
Contributor

Thank you guys! Just saw my Mom Experian report and yea they do check them to start credit. Guess I gotta pay closer attention to EX Because I do want a Macy's card!

Message 4 of 8
namvet
Established Contributor

Macys pulled only EX when i got approved (Texas).

Message 5 of 8
GreatCreditFor2012
Contributor

@Namvet

What limit did they give you?

Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I believe it to be EX with APP also...

APPLY IN STORE ONLY!!!

Macy's Credit - National Store what not... = (Citi) is one of the weirdest store cards EVER... I can't tell you how many times I have seen them Flag my store account and cancel (yes CANCEL) entire orders because it was done online and they said they were not able to verify (Mind you this is after having account over 4 years and having same adress and being elite and having a $10k+ limit and they still thought it could be fraud!)  I have also seen accounts opened online and if the person does not come into store at some point they get very worried and I have seen those accounts on hold until customer comes into store to show ID.

plus in store you can get approved for store and possibly amex, at home you can't get approved for amex at time of app.

Message 7 of 8
namvet
Established Contributor

@GreatCreditFor2012 wrote:
@namvet

What limit did they give you?

The initial limit was $1500.  Got auto CLI at 6 months to $2500. 
Minimal use of the card.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.