Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do More Than 6 People Have Discover IT?

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Do More Than 6 People Have Discover IT?

It's marketed as if they'd rather forget it exists.  I don't get it.  I had to search for it.  Really?  Structure seems like the MORE card.  Some on here say they PC'd to IT but why? Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
ceejx
Established Contributor

Re: Do More Thank 6 People Have Discover IT?

@jake619 wrote:

It's marketed as if they'd rather forget it exists.  I don't get it.  I had to search for it.  Really?  Structure seems like the MORE card.  Some on here say they PC'd to IT but why? Am I missing something?

wow, took me a minute to even figure out what that title meant Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 19
Involus
Regular Contributor

I don't think they are quite ready the phase out the More yet. Maybe the 1st of the year they will update and replace the more with IT.

Message 3 of 19
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

So what happens to those of us that have the More card? I kind of like my more card...

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 4 of 19
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@seigex wrote:

wow, took me a minute to even figure out what that title meant Smiley Happy

DOH!  One too many adult beverages.

@CotySinz wrote:

I don't think they are quite ready the phase out the More yet. Maybe the 1st of the year they will update and replace the more with IT.

It looks snazzy enough... time will tell.
Message 5 of 19
Involus
Regular Contributor

I assume your more card will remain what it is maybe eventually they may axe the rewards to force people to PC or just PC people - who knows.

They are obviously mysterious as they haven't added the IT to the cards but you can app for it..

Message 6 of 19
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

Re: Do More Than 6 People Have Discover IT?

I personally love my shiny metal looking Discover IT card. I am guessing Discover hasn't advertised the IT as much as the More as to why not many know about IT or don't have IT. Also they probably don't want to fade out the More card with the IT just yet. They are keeping down-low with the IT card.
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 7 of 19
Involus
Regular Contributor

They could be doing like a markey survey sort of - seeing how many people search for and apply for the IT over the More and how many people PC from More to IT. Never know.

The CEO also could have said until I wake up on the left side of my bed we will still have the More card - and to this day he has always woken up on the right side.

Message 8 of 19
jake619
Frequent Contributor

That would be the all-time epic reverse silent marketing strategy.  I can almost picture the product meetings now... "Hey, I have an idea.  Let's create a new card and phantom market it to generate the least public interest possible.  Those that do find out about it will feel like they're in a club.  We'll barely advertise it and save truck-loads of money.  Bonuses for everybody!!!"

Classic.

Message 9 of 19
Involus
Regular Contributor

It would though. Think about it.. The card looks so snazzy too that you wouldn't easily forget about it if you wanted it.. Say you're a cashier and a customer uses his/her shiny new Discover IT card that you've never seen before.. You go home and research it... apply for it.. now you have it... you show it off to your friends, tell people who compliement/ask about it how they can attain one..

Discover could be underplaying it to up play it.. ;o

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.