cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do MyFico High Rollers Ever Laugh at Us Peasants?

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do MyFico High Rollers Ever Laugh at Us Peasants?

Is your glaucoma flaring up there Pilotdude?   Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 21 of 82
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Is your glaucoma flaring up there Pilotdude?   Smiley Happy

It was for awhile...but with this new prescription I should have no problem seeing the runway lights at night now.  Smiley Surprised

Keep those tray tables in the uprgight and locked position...or that drink you paid 15 bucks on that nice new credit card for, might slide off.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 22 of 82
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

No, I am not a high roller either. The question I internally ponder when I see a beginner card  with older people is "what changed/happened that they are starting over"? Was it medical bills, overspending, poor money management, non payment, depression, divorce, cash advances, gambling? Best not to judge when you don't know all of the behind the scene factors.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 23 of 82
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I am in no way a high roller! But, I love to see people getting approved for both big and little cards. It reminds me of where I first was and where I hope to be. Sometimes I like to read the posts too much and have to go look at an app or call a back door number so I can join in *lol*

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 24 of 82
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Im glad where im at at my young age Smiley Happy. Its always good to see someone getting their first 5 digit cc or cls.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 25 of 82
Smug
Established Contributor

No , I applaud you for doing something about your credit, it's going to be a slow rebuild but I think you guys are awesome. I am about 100k in credit and I remember my 500. Cap 1 card 3 years ago.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 26 of 82
jsucool76
Super Contributor

An approval is an approval no matter what the limit. That's how I feel at least. XD
Message 27 of 82
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

I've been around here only a month or so. I've never had credit troubles, but with my small income I'm not a high roller, either.

And I love the way everybody helps everybody in a spirit of "we're all in this together."

What I sometimes worry about is that you guys who are just pulling yourself out of problems will laugh at me for getting all alarmed if my score drops below 740 or something. Because the truth is, when I look at the hell some of you have been through or are still going through, I bless my good fortune -- and I admire you so much for pushing your way through all those obstacles. 

I would be so overwhelmed if I faced what some of you have endured!

You know what..... I started to think the same thing about whether or not some of the high limit card holders were amused by our small fortuns. But the truth of the matter is that they wouldn't be amused and giving advice at the same time! I have been a part of this forum for less than a year and I can truly say that this is the first time I have experienced an online family setting that is so encourging to alot of American families out there that have had alot of financial BS happen to them in the past. I take every advice on here to heart and store it for present and future use because I can readily admit that before this site I was in the dark about credit.

I love to read both the negatives and the positives to know what to do and what not to do. I am fortunate to say that before now, the only reason why I've never been riddled with derogs and COs is because I was afraid of credit, now I embrace it! This forum is so FUN to me and I hope that my diligence in working on my credit over time with all of your help will allow me to get to the status of saying "Put it on my tab please!" LOL!

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 28 of 82
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Also @pilotdude:
Who pays for airline drinks? Thats what airline cards are for. Incidental credits!

Not that I have one... :-(
Message 29 of 82
CS800
Super Contributor

On my end, I don't laugh at anything. When you've been there and worked hard to get out of the sub prime. it a sense of pride and accomplishment. When I look at the high rollers, it encourages me to do my best.

I joined this forum with a total CL of $1900 to well over $100K CL. But it's not the CL that matters, it's how you manage that huge CL. It's all about making smart choices and decision since I never ever want to be where I was before.

I owe a lot of my success to the information I got on here and some of the folks on here who were nice to explain a lot fo things to me.

So Im certain that the high rollers looking at someone with low and/or subprime cards don't laugh; it's a reaity check for them as to where they once were. I applaud anyone who work their way up out of subprime. It's a very long/tough but rewading journey.

Message 30 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.