cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do SOFT Pulls reflect negatively at all on credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do SOFT Pulls reflect negatively at all on credit?

If I specify that the inquiry is one bureau will it also be removed for the others?

i.e. I have access to Experian report but not TU or EQ...

I specified the inq on Exp only. But can I have it removed for the rest of them to?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Experian it only lets me dispute accounts and personal information? An inquiry is not available to dispute? Help>??

Message 12 of 16
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

-You don´t need to dispute the inquiries with the CRA, they will tell you they have verified the information and there´s nothing they can do.

You have to contact the telephone companies directly. You can let them know in your letter that you have contacted the BBB if you want, I didn´t.

The most important part is sending the letters to the companies and specially filing an online claim with the BBB, they have taken care of me in more than one occasion.

-When you receive letters from the telephone companies addressing the issue here and willing to remove the inquiries, if you are unable to dispute the info online, you can verify that the CRA know of the changes by sending the CRA another letter on your own explaining the situation and its resolution (attaching the letter the telephone companies sent you in response)

I am now in my PC and here are the links to access your reports. You are doing this because you were denied credit by ATT / Verizon / ETC.

Experian

TransUnion

Equifax is down ATM.

Edit:

More info and the sample letter I used can be found here.

Edit 2:

You have to specify which company pulled which report in your letter. I have seen they only pull 1 CR out of the 3 but it may vary. You need to see your 3 reports and it´s free with the links above. You just may need the Equifax link tomorrow when it´s available.

In your CR, you will find all the info you need to send the letters to them (name of company, address, even phone number).

They may not want to delete the inquiry but they are required to verify the info is correct. This is where the BBB comes in handy. They will act on your behalf to protect you as a customer and request a response from them.

Hope it helps and good luck.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting! I ran across the same sample letter and have edited the details to fit my own situation. Smiley Very Happy Thank you so much for your assistance it looks like the inquiry was on TU and EXP. I am positive it is also in EQU. 

I have filed BBB complaint. Since ATT inq'd me twice do I have to file 2 complaints? The guy at the cell store said it was a soft inquiry. So it is a legitimate claim otherwise.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon keeps emailing this..

Good afternoon ********

I can definitely understand your concerns regarding the inquiry on your credit report! My name is *** and I will be happy to review this for you today.

If there is a credit inquiry on your report that you did not authorize, you will need to file a dispute with Experian directly. Verizon Wireless does not have direct access to your credit report to remove this inquiry.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, Neftali!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,

I contacted their credit review department and head executives.. they forwarded me to customer service.

Message 15 of 16
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

This is the Equifax link.

- If they are not helping, just file the complaint through the BBB then and maybe send Experian a letter explaining the situation and the email you got from Verizon attached to it.

I just checked and they sent me a response through the BBB exactly a month after my complaint was made. You have the option to accept or reject the business response. If you get the same BS there, reject the business response and see what the BBB can do for you (I have not gotten that far).

- If everything goes as planned, make sure the inquiry is gone before accepting the response.

I check my credit reports every month with the links above always choosing being denied credit as the reason, clockwork mode.

Good luck and I hope your inquiries get deleted. If it worked for me, it´s worth a try Smiley Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.