Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Secured credit cards work?

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Re: Do Secured credit cards work?

HSBCs Orchard secured card I read in another post they do not unsecure it anymore after a year like BOA does. Check some CUs around your area, and if you owe BOA money try US Bank they are a very good bank, not well known in the Eastern states, mostly mid-west but they have a strong balance sheet and they are stable.
Message 11 of 15
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Yes, secured card helps. I would advise BOA or/and local CU.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will check out my options.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

my aunt got a bofa secured with a ~$200 bofa collection(unpaid) on her credit and chex for account closed after nsf
Message 14 of 15
AyalaZero
New Contributor

Yeah, definately go with the BofA credit card.  I had a secured card for $500, my credit scores went up from 25-30 points the second it hit my reports.  It hit my reports the same day I opened it.  This Monday (after nine months and 1 day) I called to get it unsecured, they checked my history with them, put me on hold, and said "ok, we unsecured it and raised your limit up $500."  I mainly paid the account infull each month.  But yeah, they are difenately worth it. Smiley Happy
Starting Scores: Low 500's 2/27/08
Current Scores:Transunion: 700 02/13/15 Experian: 713 02/17/15 Equifax: 736 02/18/15
Goal Score: 770 Across the board!!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.