cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Visa Signature Credit Cards Still Refuse To Report Credit Limits?

tag
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: Do Visa Signature Credit Cards Still Refuse To Report Credit Limits?

@HiLine wrote:

@OwNt wrote:

The signature cards that still do not report limits are those from Bank of America. 

Most all other lenders now report limits on signatures.

We need to file a complaint...

Complaint?  Not reporting CL is a good thing, IMO.

Would you file a complaint over the JMP Select not reporting at all as a hidden TL?

Not all things and every single last detail needs or is good to report.

Message 31 of 39
HiLine
Blogger

@ccnewcc wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@OwNt wrote:

The signature cards that still do not report limits are those from Bank of America. 

Would you file a complaint over the JMP Select not reporting at all as a hidden TL?

IMO, an unreported CL is basically a 0 CL for credit scoring purposes. I don't know what the benefits are though, could you please explain? 

Message 32 of 39
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@OwNt wrote:

IMO, an unreported CL is basically a 0 CL for credit scoring purposes. I don't know what the benefits are though, could you please explain? 

Disagree.

In another thread the mention of status symbols came up.

If there are any so called status symbols with respect to credit, it would be the fact that one has obtained a CC that does not report CLs or report as a TL at all.

Message 33 of 39
HiLine
Blogger

@ccnewcc wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@OwNt wrote:

Disagree.

If there are any so called status symbols with respect to credit, it would be the fact that one has obtained a CC that does not report CLs or report as a TL at all.

Sorry I couldn't care less about status symbols implied by anything millions others have. Is that the only 'benefit' you see?

An unreported CL adds exactly 0 to my total CL. 

Message 34 of 39
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@OwNt wrote:

Disagree.

Sorry I couldn't care less about status symbols implied by anything millions others have. Is that the only 'benefit' you see?

Why do you care about adding to your total CL?

So you can show off?  Thats what its about.  No?  Then Util?  Util is what 10% of FICO scoring, big F'in Deal.

What 'benefit' do you see in having a CL report??

If I had a TL that didn't report a CL I'd be very happy.  Somebody asks me "whats your CL?"  I say CL?! Ha!  Whats a CL?!  My spending power is not Stopped by some artifical limit barrier that my creditor put on me.

Message 35 of 39
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I disagree with the whole NPSL thing. No credit limit reporting doesn't factor into my UTL so it doesn't help in that respect. When you begin applying for stuff, lenders have no idea what kind of CL you're capable of handling suppose you're not applying for a NPSL card or a signature card. I had a NPSL card in the past and it got me nothing but toy limits when I begin applying for other cards. My own experience.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 36 of 39
HiLine
Blogger

@ccnewcc wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@OwNt wrote:

Disagree.

So you can show off?  Thats what its about.  No?  Then Util?  Util is what 10% of FICO scoring, big F'in Deal.

If I had a TL that didn't report a CL I'd be very happy.  Somebody asks me "whats your CL?"  I say CL?! Ha!  Whats a CL?!  My spending power is not Stopped by some artifical limit barrier that my creditor put on me.

I don't care about total CL. Banks do, and they factor that into their decision making. Try to deny this.

You're talking about something completely different. Your story does not have anything to do with credit limits being reported to credit bureaus

You still have not given me any benefits for not having your credit limits reported. Like I said, an unreported CL is a 0 CL on my credit report. 

Message 37 of 39
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

My Chase Marriott Visa Sig reports a 12,300 limit and that it is a Flexible Spending Credit Card.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 38 of 39
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@OwNt wrote:

Disagree.

I don't care about total CL. Banks do, and they factor that into their decision making. Try to deny this.

You're talking about something completely different. Your story does not have anything to do with credit limits being reported to credit bureaus

You still have not given me any benefits for not having your credit limits reported. Like I said, an unreported CL is a 0 CL on my credit report. 

Umm actually you still haven't given me any reasons why you want CLs to be reported.

But thats okay, cling to your CLs.  I see I am not going to convince you.  Cling away.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.