Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Memorize Your CC Number?

tag
tpatterson2k9
Regular Contributor

Do You Memorize Your CC Number?

Seeing as how so many of us here like to use our CCs to the fullest (for the rewards points) and then PIF, I was wondering how many heavy CC users out there have their primary CC number and information memorized (either deliberately or inadvertenly)?  I don't make it a point to memorize my primary card numbers, but I've only had my Amex Blue Cash Everyday card for three months and the number is already stuck in my head from inputting my CC information for a number of online orders.  Am I the only weird one that can't seem to get CC information out of my head once it's there or is this a common experience for myFICOers?

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do You Memorize Your CC Number?

@tpatterson2k9 wrote:

Seeing as how so many of us here like to use our CCs to the fullest (for the rewards points) and then PIF, I was wondering how many heavy CC users out there have their primary CC number and information memorized (either deliberately or inadvertenly)?  I don't make it a point to memorize my primary card numbers, but I've only had my Amex Blue Cash Everyday card for three months and the number is already stuck in my head from inputting my CC information for a number of online orders.  Am I the only weird one that can't seem to get CC information out of my head once it's there or is this a common experience for myFICOers?

For the same reason, I have one of my CC numbers memorized, along with the expiration date and the 3-digit security code on the back.

Message 2 of 31
DI
Super Contributor

I only remember one card that I received from Discover in 2001, which was closed long ago.  I still remember it today.  60110067006681XX.  That card was the best. 

Message 3 of 31
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have trouble keeping track of my last name. Smiley Sad  (I changed it last year after divorce.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 31
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

My PR Gold from AmEx I know the number, security code, exp date, etc... don't even need to look at it. I use this for all my purchases. I don't know any of my other credit card numbers.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 5 of 31
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Oddly enough, there are two numbers that stick in my head.

One is a primary bank account number.  The other is (go figure) my driver's license number.

Don't know why that is.

Is there a shrink on these boards?!?  Willing to work for free?  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 31
andre181
Established Contributor

Don't ask me why, but I have my debit card number memorized. I don't know how tho, I never use it.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 7 of 31
mauve
Valued Contributor

I know my ATM card, my Chase BP card, my driver's license number, and of course SS# but that's the short one.  My Chase's magnetic strip is getting flaky and I went through the trouble of contacting them to see if they would change my number if I asked them to replace it.  They promised not to, so I asked for a new one.  Guess I'll have to learn a new expiration date and security code, though. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 31
laz98
Senior Contributor

i have the main ones memorized, but not all of them.

Message 9 of 31
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I have no idea what my CC numbers are.Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.