Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Memorize Your CC Number?

tag
lokobo
Regular Contributor

Re: Do You Memorize Your CC Number?

I inadvertently memorized my first US Bank check card number from entering it online so much, and then I realized how convenient it was to have it memorized. Sadly most of my credit card numbers aren't as easy to memorize as that one was.

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Oddly enough, there are two numbers that stick in my head.

One is a primary bank account number.  The other is (go figure) my driver's license number.

Don't know why that is.

Is there a shrink on these boards?!?  Willing to work for free?  Smiley Very Happy

Although not exactly a shrink, my mother can prescribe you the meds you may need.  Smiley Happy

I remember two card numbers w/ exp. dates and CCV2s.  Both banks allowed me to select my own numbers as long as it fit into their algorithm.  So, I ended up with XXXX-0000-0000-0000 on one and XXXX-Favorite Numbers-0000-0000 on the other. 

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only know the last 4 digits of the cards I use most.
Message 23 of 31
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Oddly enough, there are two numbers that stick in my head.

One is a primary bank account number.  The other is (go figure) my driver's license number.

Don't know why that is.

Is there a shrink on these boards?!?  Willing to work for free?  Smiley Very Happy

Although not exactly a shrink, my mother can prescribe you the meds you may need.  Smiley Happy

I remember two card numbers w/ exp. dates and CCV2s.  Both banks allowed me to select my own numbers as long as it fit into their algorithm.  So, I ended up with XXXX-0000-0000-0000 on one and XXXX-Favorite Numbers-0000-0000 on the other.  

Oh yeah, right.  Then I'd have to pay for them, instead of just borrowing some of hers.

Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 31
clownfico
Valued Member

I had total recall of every number appearing on my Amex Plat card within a few hours.

Message 25 of 31
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I have 2 credit cards memorized.  

I think the only other things I have memorized are my frequent flyer number, SSN and DL#.  Ask me my cell number and I hesitate and have to revert to my phone to get it!  Smiley Very Happy 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 26 of 31
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

The only card number I've managed to memorize is my Cap1, because I've had it the longest. Haven't memorized any of the other cards, security codes, etc. They all just got updated, so the exp. dates and codes changed anyway.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh? I can barely find my way home at night.  I'd be happy to remember my phone number or that other number you call when you need emergency assistance.

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I had only one credit card, I knew that number by heart. Then I had to change the card twice within a year due to fraudulent use, plus I got several others. Nowadays, there's no way I remember them. I know only partial numbers.

Message 29 of 31
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I can remember my first DL # moved to new state-remember that # my primary bank account number my SSN DW's SSN my amex # gate code at the office alarm for both offices codes for key boxes alarm code for the house many many phone numbers BUT I cant remember a name just all about the numbers.........?

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.