Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do balance transfer & pay it back after 2 or 3 weeks

tag
medziat23

Do balance transfer & pay it back after 2 or 3 weeks

Hi guys,

I am having a great balance transfer offer from discover. i dont really use the card, i am wondering if i can get the offer, get the money deposited in my checking and pay back in full after couple weeks. 

I hate the idea of keeping balances.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do balance transfer & pay it back after 2 or 3 weeks

@medziat23 wrote:

Hi guys,

I am having a great balance transfer offer from discover. i dont really use the card, i am wondering if i can get the offer, get the money deposited in my checking and pay back in full after couple weeks. 

I hate the idea of keeping balances.

Why. I don't see any benefit to it unless I am completely missing something to charge money to the account only to pay if off in a couple of weeks the only benefit I set is to Discover as they get the 3% unless you have the 0% BT at 4.99% then no one wins.
Message 2 of 6
medziat23

i want to show them my experience handling higher limits. i havent had a CLI in 2 years. everytime i apply for CLI they say you dont have experience with this limit

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would want to carry that for 6 months or longer.
Message 4 of 6
medziat23

what is the earliest i can pay it back ?

Message 5 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You do not need to do a BT, carry a balance, or otherwise pay interest to show experience with higher limits. You simply need to use the card for more than neglible purchases and pay it down/off.

If your income/spend doesn't warrant a CLI, it's harder to get one. If you barely use the card there's not much incentive for them to give you a higher limit, as you've shown the current one as being sufficient.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.