cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do both Penfed and NFCU pull bankcard 9?

tag
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Do both Penfed and NFCU pull bankcard 9?

And what bureaus usually?

6 REPLIES 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Do both Penfed and NFCU pull bankcard 9?

PenFed uses FICO 9 EQ for credit products. Not the Bankcard score.
Navy uses their own internal scoring system. They pull TU for CC apps IME. EQ for CLIs.
SunTrust uses EQ Bankcard FICO 8 for CCs.
Message 2 of 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

wrote:
PenFed uses FICO 9 EQ for credit products. Not the Bankcard score.
Navy uses their own internal scoring system. They pull TU for CC apps IME. EQ for CLIs.
SunTrust uses EQ Bankcard FICO 8 for CCs.

NFCU uses EQ for loans/CLOC as well.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fwiw, I applied for penfed membership and the Pathfinder CC on the phone in the same phone call. I was approved for the card on the spot, and for both applications they only did a single hard pull total between two.
Message 4 of 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

That's normal, you can use the one pull to apply for multiple products. The HP used to be good for 90 days. Not sure if that still stands now.

I had one of my brothers join Penfed in order to get a auto loan. I also had him to grab a CC while he was at it.  All three were done on a single pull.

Message 5 of 7
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

wrote:

That's normal, you can use the one pull to apply for multiple products. The HP used to be good for 90 days. Not sure if that still stands now.

I had one of my brothers join Penfed in order to get a auto loan. I also had him to grab a CC while he was at it.  All three were done on a single pull.

Message 6 of 7
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

I tried to use a 60 day HP to get a cli on my PCR, UNFORTUNATELY, i got another hp, made me mad. So use caution. 

Perhaps its because I was a new customer, and didn’t have too many credit cards before hand. Not too much history. I opened 4 around the time I got the pcr. And those were my first four cards that weren’t store cards.

looking to get a cli sometime, want to maximize my. Score and let hard pulls get to 13 months old. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.