cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do card companies ever give promo interest rates if you ask?

tag
itsxluigi
New Contributor

Do card companies ever give promo interest rates if you ask?

I'm closing on a house tomorrow so I'm going to need to make some bigger purchases (appliances, furniture, etc). I was thinking about opening a Rooms To Go credit card. I got to thinking.... is it ever a possibility to call Discover or AmEx and ask for an interest free period, and them grant you like a year or two interest free on new purchases? Or am I better off just applying for a Rooms To Go card and being done with it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: Do card companies ever give promo interest rates if you ask?

@itsxluigi wrote:

I'm closing on a house tomorrow so I'm going to need to make some bigger purchases (appliances, furniture, etc). I was thinking about opening a Rooms To Go credit card. I got to thinking.... is it ever a possibility to call Discover or AmEx and ask for an interest free period, and them grant you like a year or two interest free on new purchases? Or am I better off just applying for a Rooms To Go card and being done with it?

Discover. Every 12 months like clockwork I ask for a 0% APR period, and they always give it to me.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 2 of 5
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I did this with Discover in August 2019 and got 0% until next August 2020.  Then I did the same for DH and Disco granted that too until Aug. 2020.  Congrats on the HOME, gl on the Int. rate and have fun on the New Home purchases.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 5
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the House!

Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Discover is your best bet. No way are you getting 24 months thoughSmiley Wink. Grats on your new homeSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.