cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do files have to be unfrozen for account reviews?

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Do files have to be unfrozen for account reviews?

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
@spiritcraft1, its my understanding that as long as you dont have fraud alerts on your reports, you should still be able to get offers if you are opted in. Since i usually always have fraud alerts active on my reports i never get offers.

"i never get offers."Smiley Sad

Are you opted out?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 11 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, the only offers i ever got was at begining of my rebuild by Discover, yes it took me 6 hps on 5 tries before they even approved me ( even with mailersSmiley Sad) and like 2 mailers for Citi DC. That was over 4 years ago.....nothing since ....oh except a trick by Penfed for their PC card.....i know anything i get from PF going forward is the sic joke from a jokester in their credit marketing deptSmiley Wink
Message 12 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

I'm referring to CC companies doing regular reviews for CLI and whatever else they review for. Do they have access regardless bc you have a business relationship with them? After a spree and a major purchase coming up, I'm concerned about scaring off some creditors, so I'm hoping that freezing my files will prevent card closures or CL decreases.

All of your creditors will still have access. Some will not provide CLIs while frozen/

Yes, e.g. Sync requires your (usually) TU is unfrozen before considering a CLI.    Presumably to allow them to do a HP if something determines that they should!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

I'm referring to CC companies doing regular reviews for CLI and whatever else they review for. Do they have access regardless bc you have a business relationship with them? After a spree and a major purchase coming up, I'm concerned about scaring off some creditors, so I'm hoping that freezing my files will prevent card closures or CL decreases.

All of your creditors will still have access. Some will not provide CLIs while frozen/

Yes, e.g. Sync requires your (usually) TU is unfrozen before considering a CLI.    Presumably to allow them to do a HP if something determines that they should!

Interesting. I tried for a Lowe's CLI a few month back and was denied. All of my files were frozen at the time.  I unlocked TU. With recent activity, they may attempt to do an auto CLI in the future.  Or maybe I don't fit their profile for a larger CL.  

Message 14 of 15
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

I decided to test to see if I was still prequalified with Capital One when I locked my Experian account. As soon as I locked my account, I was no longer prequalified by Cap1 for 4 of their cards. I unlocked my account, and it took a day for Cap1 to show the same cards that I was prequalified for before I locked my account. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.