cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do inquiries older than 1 year matter with nfcu or cap 1 ?

tag
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: Do inquiries older than 1 year matter with nfcu or cap 1 ?

@Remedios wrote:

What's a turnip truck? 

I could Google, but Googling sometimes has unintended consequences

HAHAHAHA You have to be long in the tooth like me to remember when that was a common saying.

It means not a newbie basically

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 11 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

What's a turnip truck? 

I could Google, but Googling sometimes has unintended consequences

HAHAHAHA You have to be long in the tooth like me to remember when that was a common saying.

It means not a newbie basically

Lol thanks  

Hopefully NFCU works out for you. You might want to take a look at Penfed cards, they don't seem terribly bothered by BKs lately.  

Depending on where you live BECU could be an option. 

I love them, but sometimes joining our of the state can be a lengthy process for some

"Send us stuff" 

"I sent it" 

"We don't have it"

"I sent it again" 

"Bad quality"  

That's not the case for everyone, but it can happen, though they are very rebuilder/BK friendly, and it might be worth the effort. 

Good luck! 

Message 12 of 13
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

I also joined penfed in may with a savings but heres the negative with penfed, there checking requires a minimum of 500, as i understand their rewards can only go to one of their checking accounts. nfcu only has 1 branch in nj on an ammunition base and you have to be active military to get in, i only have veteran status. so i am hesitant to switch one of my dd's to nfcu. i do however use the nfcu products, checks, debit card, i also make regular transfers to them. i also like the fact that if i fail getting an unsecured card with nfcu they will give me the nrewards. right now i qualify for the nrewards.

PS- I read that being 2 years post bk holds some weight with nfcu. i will be 2 years post bk after december.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.