Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you care about APR?

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Do you care about APR?

@Aim_High wrote:

Wow.  I don't think I've seen such a collection of low APR cards not to mention with rewards.  That is quite impressive ... How did you manage to assemble this list? 
@galahad15 wrote:

Hi there & many thanks for the kind words and for your very thoughtful message, I deeply appreciate it!  Smiley Happy 

... quite a few of the cards were based on themanwhocan's outstanding low-APR and fixed-APR card charts and lists;

You're welcome, and thanks for the thorough explanation about your low interest cards!

That is the first I had heard about themanwhocan and I looked his list up.  I bookmarked it and will check it out more later.

Sounds like a combination of research and good luck on your part.  Congrats!  I have converted cards before but my understanding was whatever the 'new' rate was on the product I was changing into became the rate on my card, regardless of what it was beforehand, but I may be mistaken.

The main low APR card I'm eyeing now is the Navy FCU Visa Platinum with 8.24% APR.  It's the lowest-rate card I found on a large lender with good customer service reviews.  Lower rates seem to be on smaller banks or CU's with smaller customer service departments and/or spotty quality reviews.  But I'll check out some of your cards and themanwhocan's list too!

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 41 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't care about APR because I PIF. I like AZEO and since I have had trouble in my financial past 2007 I am uncomfortable with carrying debt.

In the few rare occasions when I don't I do have a low APR card through DCU and usually have several 0% offers on Disco, BBVA, UBS+, etc who send me checks every month or two.

Message 42 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't seem like sound advice for people to rely on cards to get them through a disaster in the first place. Half this country has no money in savings, and less than a quarter have enough to get them through a few months. That's a much bigger disaster, it's already here and not around the corner, and it's one that very few seem willing to talk about.

This is precisely why I won't clear out my savings to pay the bit of debt I'm carrying right now.

I can use savings for whatever I might need in any situation and know it's going to be there. I control it.

A credit card issuer controls my access to that money and could pull the plug on it anytime before I need it.

Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think most of us made a mistake of not paying in full to the banks.
Personally, I learned it the hard way.
Today I don’t spend $5k if I don’t have it in my bank account plus some savings to be able to pay it off comfortably.
Credit card is my last resort when it comes to emergencies. First I would look into making extra money. Maybe pick up some gig, do deliveries, uber.

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.