cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

BTW there are lots of single parents, lower income workers, etc.... that carry credit cards and carry balances.  Some have one heck of ascore to boot.
Message 11 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I see someone is on high horse. That is good when can pay for your car, apartment, vacation, and whatever else but come on now.. what is doing for you to tell everyone would they should be doing? Why don't you take your savings and pay for their balances, if you don't like it. Untill you can contribute to their househols why worry about it anyway? If you are not trying give constructive critism what is the point? Who are you to judge?

Do you need to have someone sing praises to you because you don't get enough at home? People on here do nothing but try to help each other, so all cancers please spread elsewhere.

If I carried a $39,999 balance on 40K CC, what is it to you? 

BTW, how smart is it to only have a valuable computer (that by the way will be outdated before I can finish this post) and watch? 

Sorry if I offended anyone other than the OP, I don't like to be judged unless it is by my maker!!
Message 12 of 44
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I think most people who get emself in credit trouble start out with a bad habit of carrying a small balance, then it grows. I don't know anyone who's gotten into serious trouble because they absolutely HAD to spend the money.

Gosh, you must not read the papers, and like you said, you don't have a TV. You might want to check with your local social service agency and ask about the number of people who lost their jobs, and therefore their health insurance, then had health problems, and then lost their savings (and checking, presumably), their homes, and their credit. It's one of the most common causes of bankruptcy in the U.S.

I'm hoping/ assuming that you're young, and that with time, you will gain understanding and compassion.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 44
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I was going to join in the fray here (on Brammy and Hutsups side) but I think that I better not let rip or I will get banned  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 14 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:
I was going to join in the fray here (on Brammy and Hutsups side) but I think that I better not let rip or I will get banned  Smiley Very Happy

Not egging you on but this is one bannation I would stay out of.  Smiley Mad

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-14-2007 06:43 PM
Message 15 of 44
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Brammy wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

Not egging you on but this is one bannation I would stay out of.  Smiley Mad

Must be a bad day here in Iowa - could you translate please?  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-14-2007 06:43 PM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 16 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

Brammy wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

Not egging you on but this is on bannation I would stay out of.  Smiley Mad

Must be a bad day here in Iowa - could you translate please?  Smiley Very Happy

I wouldn't touch the ban button...sorry but I'm irked which is really rare for me.

Message 17 of 44
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Something occurred to me --I wonder if acolytes of Dave Ramsey or someone are assigned to come here and provoke once a month or so. They always come in assuming that we all carry balances, and that we're drowning in debt. We tell them how it actually works, and why we do what we do, but they never acknowledge: they just keep on preaching away from their mighty credit-free pulpits.

Actually, I doubt it's an assignment. I don't think ol' Dave is like that. I think they're just followers gone wild. But really, always an amazing display of immaturity and gracelessness. And ignorance.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

What bothers me is that we have a lot of people coming on board trying to get out of debt, rbuild lost credit and learn how to manage their newly found credit worth.  Of course its best to PIF if you can. No one needs to be treated like a bunch of idiots by someone who has no stake one way or another. I have seen members climb from credit h*ll to prime (me included).  Without ONE person talking down to them.
Message 19 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow I see someone is on high horse. That is good when can pay for your car, apartment, vacation, and whatever else but come on now.. what is doing for you to tell everyone would they should be doing? Why don't you take your savings and pay for their balances, if you don't like it. Untill you can contribute to their househols why worry about it anyway? If you are not trying give constructive critism what is the point? Who are you to judge?
Do you need to have someone sing praises to you because you don't get enough at home? People on here do nothing but try to help each other, so all cancers please spread elsewhere.
If I carried a $39,999 balance on 40K CC, what is it to you?
BTW, how smart is it to only have a valuable computer (that by the way will be outdated before I can finish this post) and watch?
Sorry if I offended anyone other than the OP, I don't like to be judged unless it is by my maker!!

I'm living in a temporary place, got 6 months left on my lease and I don't plan to renew, so I didn't buy anything for the place, because it's just a liability to move it later.
Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.