cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

You have really failed to deliver!!!!!Insert Smileys
Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

orl2185 wrote:

Brammy wrote:
BTW there are lots of single parents, lower income workers, etc.... that carry credit cards and carry balances.  Some have one heck of ascore to boot.

YES YES YES, I hear ya there. I myself make less then 30k yr. I admit it, not a loaded person by any means. However look at my scores... Key is management  instead of not being able to pay in full all the time. Yes, I have savings in cu and bank accounts. Big deal... I also agree with you about the judgemental comments that was mentioned before. Wish I could become self employed one day...Smiley Wink

Ain't all its crackd up to be most days!!! LOL!!  Maybe I should start a credit consulting biz...lol!!  Would need all you guys' help tho.

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-14-2007 09:20 PM
Message 32 of 44
orl2185
Established Contributor

Brammy wrote:

orl2185 wrote:

Brammy wrote:
BTW there are lots of single parents, lower income workers, etc.... that carry credit cards and carry balances.  Some have one heck of ascore to boot.

YES YES YES, I hear ya there. I myself make less then 30k yr. I admit it, not a loaded person by any means. However look at my scores... Key is management  instead of not being able to pay in full all the time. Yes, I have savings in cu and bank accounts. Big deal... I also agree with you about the judgemental comments that was mentioned before. Wish I could become self employed one day...Smiley Wink

Ain't all its crackd up to be most days!!! LOL!!  Maybe I should start a credit consulting biz...lol!!  Would need all you guys' help tho.

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-14-2007 09:20 PM

Count me in.... I would be flatteredSmiley Happy

No to be offensive, but why do I even bother to come to this forum to have folks bash me. So what they pay in full... Again, SORRYSmiley Sad
Message 33 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the comments Brammy you have really hit home--with them--I PIF when I can but when I dont oh well its my debt and I manage how I choose I know when to stop buying and when its ok I am not out to abuse my credit just understand it more and in return become trustworthy in the lenders eye to extend it to me!!! This forum is has been an awesome tool and for all of you on here as supporters with POSTIVE attitudes and not all about self--May bleesings be upon you--I am sure your advice and encouraging words have helped many of us including me--THIS WAS LIKE A GOD SEND when I found this forum and its been nothing but good things coming from it!!!

Message 34 of 44
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@orl2185 wrote:
No to be offensive, but why do I even bother to come to this forum to have folks bash me. So what they pay in full... Again, SORRYSmiley Sad

I've done enough bashing on myself over the years, and I still do it now if I don't stop myself. I don't need any help from outsiders. Smiley Mad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 35 of 44
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad to see to this thread is cooling down. Let's try and keep this way. Always remember that it's ok to disagree but please do so in a constructive manner. This forum is known to be friendly and supportive, let's not lose sight of this. Thanks folks!
Message 36 of 44
kclb
Regular Contributor

Hm.

I hope I'm posting in the correct section. Anyway, I've had my Amex Delta since November '07. Initial CL was $2k and my first balance was about $250 which I PIF. I asked for CLI and got $3k. 2nd Statement did not come but I'm around $500 balance. Am I spending too much? I want to make AMEX my primary. I also intend to pay PIF for most of the time or at least more than the minimum that's due. Healthy to use it often or should I spread it amongst my other cc's or debit card?

Mahalos!

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Message 37 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kclb wrote:
Hm.

I hope I'm posting in the correct section. Anyway, I've had my Amex Delta since November '07. Initial CL was $2k and my first balance was about $250 which I PIF. I asked for CLI and got $3k. 2nd Statement did not come but I'm around $500 balance. Am I spending too much? I want to make AMEX my primary. I also intend to pay PIF for most of the time or at least more than the minimum that's due. Healthy to use it often or should I spread it amongst my other cc's or debit card?

Mahalos!

If you're PIFing then you're never spending too much. And if you're PIFing, then charge it on your card that offers the best reward, that should be your only criteria. If you're not PIFing, then put it on the card with the lowest APR, and that should be your only criteria.
Message 38 of 44
kclb
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kclb wrote:
Hm.

Mahalos!

If you're PIFing then you're never spending too much. And if you're PIFing, then charge it on your card that offers the best reward, that should be your only criteria. If you're not PIFing, then put it on the card with the lowest APR, and that should be your only criteria.

Mahalos. I want a fast way to establish good history with AMEX. I just hope that I'm not over doing it. heheh.

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Message 39 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you use the card, and as long as you're not defaulting on it, it's fine. I don't think the $ amount you spend matters that much, unless you have high utilization
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.