cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

Brammy wrote:

I wouldn't touch the ban button...sorry but I'm irked which is really rare for me.

Me too.  Just because I have got myself well organized (finally) does not mean I cannot understand and empathise with those less fortunate that I.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 21 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

fail2deliver

Honestly, I could care less where you live or what you do. If you want to respond to something how about apologizing to the people that you offended? Until you are able to walk in someone elses shoes you should keep your mouth closed (or check what you type).
Message 22 of 44
dizzier
Established Contributor

goodness, things have gotten a bit wild in the post eh?

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 23 of 44
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well I personally am trying to make an effort to pay off my balances in full on all my new credit.  However, I have a Credit Line Loan that is 4 years out still. and some older credit cards that I carry a balance on, only because that's all I can do right now.
but i am trying to slowly take care of old and not create new.
Message 24 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict wrote:
well I personally am trying to make an effort to pay off my balances in full on all my new credit.  However, I have a Credit Line Loan that is 4 years out still. and some older credit cards that I carry a balance on, only because that's all I can do right now.
but i am trying to slowly take care of old and not create new.

Couldn't think of a better way to do it. Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

fail2deliver wrote:

Well, the smartest thing to do is to pay it from savings, then "pay" your savings account $100 / month.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct, that would be the smartest thing for you to do but I choose to do it my way (thanks Francis Albert).

Or I could pay it from my COH (cash on hand) stash but I choose to keep that $5k locked in my fire safe along with my passport and my .45. That's my 'get outta town' real emergency back-up.

We do what works best for our individual circumstances based on our past experiences.

Hell I've BTDT, medical problems, loss of job, lost my house, was among the credit-unwashed. Have come too far since then to blow it all over things I can control. 

Good luck with your approach.  

Message 26 of 44
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Or I could pay it from my COH (cash on hand) stash but I choose to keep that $5k locked in my fire safe along with my passport and my .45. That's my 'get outta town' real emergency back-up.

Goodness! Smiley Surprised Do you have a Past?? Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 44
pattycake
Established Contributor

fail2deliver:

Glad to hear you PIF every month - I do, too, but I don't come here and brag about it. Most of the people here on this forum are here because they realize that credit is important and are trying to get out of debt and improve their credit. But I understand that it probably makes you feel good about yourself to tell a bunch of strangers what they "should" do. I agree with Brammy and Midnight - these are people you know nothing about; I've been in their shoes and sympathize.

I would suggest that you post when you have something constructive to offer, rather than insinuating that people are stupid and are doing everything wrong. A pox on your lame attitude!!!!
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 28 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nah, I just wear a tin foil hat most times. But-

"(For)the times they are a-changin."
Bob Dylan

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Or I could pay it from my COH (cash on hand) stash but I choose to keep that $5k locked in my fire safe along with my passport and my .45. That's my 'get outta town' real emergency back-up.

Goodness! Smiley Surprised Do you have a Past?? Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 44
orl2185
Established Contributor

Brammy wrote:
BTW there are lots of single parents, lower income workers, etc.... that carry credit cards and carry balances.  Some have one heck of ascore to boot.

YES YES YES, I hear ya there. I myself make less then 30k yr. I admit it, not a loaded person by any means. However look at my scores... Key is management  instead of not being able to pay in full all the time. Yes, I have savings in cu and bank accounts. Big deal... I also agree with you about the judgemental comments that was mentioned before. Wish I could become self employed one day...Smiley Wink
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.