Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you ever have app remorse?

tag
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Re: Do you ever have app remorse?

it's funny - back in the day when I had bad credit, I didn't regret any card that I could get approved for, even the First Premier/Orchard Bank cards that I had.  When it's hard to get approved for anything, you're not as selective.

Now that I'm smarter about it, I have two that I regretted from this past summer - a second USAA app after I got approved initially for my highest credit line ever (guess I thought I'd get another one but instead ended up with a low-limit card that I'll never use), and an app with my local bank (through Elan/US Bank) that I'd been wanting for years - if I'd have paid attention to how conservative they were, I would have passed and not even applied.  Although approved, it was another low-limit card that again caused a hit to my AAoA.

With that being said, once summer rolls around and I have all of my revolving debt paid off (so I won't take a utilization hit), I will be closing the  following: USAA, Elan, Sears, Amex Green, and PayPal SC.  This will still leave me with around 10 cards, and that's more than enough - it's hard keeping track of all them right now.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 11 of 16
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@sakhalin070 wrote:

Macy's Store Card. :/ I got it because I could get 20 bucks off this trench coat I really wanted, and I was 18 at the time and didn't know it was a "credit" card...thought it worked like a gift card.  My credit line on it is only $100, lmao!  But it's my second oldest tradeline, so I'll just leave it in the sock drawer.

call and ask for a cli its a soft pull. 

started at 100 in dec of 10 and is now at 3.5k for me. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 12 of 16
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

i only regret the denials
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 13 of 16
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Yes, I app'd for a Macy's card but didnt know I was blacklisted due to CO'd account even though it was settled.   I spoke with recon department after I app'd. Now, I know better. 

Message 14 of 16
RonDawg
Contributor

I have it every time.... once the shine of the card is gone I always say... Why did I just **** my credit score for this card. I need another credit card like I need more debt.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, I only regret the denials.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.