cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you guys recommend Wells Fargo credit cards?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Do you guys recommend Wells Fargo credit cards?

@Anonymous, you got lucky no hp on your pc but again, if you get a whole new account, and new history, in my book this isnt a pc. Same happened to me but i got the hpSmiley Sad. As for Subs, with WF, it doesnt matter per se since you csn 9nly get one SUB per 15 months rule. I thought if i pc'd my csrd that had an af, id keep my history , maybe even with a hp, but unfortunately, that didnt happen. I could have just closed it myself and applied for the other card lol
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good way to think about it. I guess yeah not technically a PC. When it went through I guess I figured out the hard way about the way WF handles them. Oh well. Live and learn.
Message 22 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Wells Fargo works well for some people and not so well for others; I happen to be in the former category.

They don't have all of the 'bells and whistles' of many of the other large lenders, but my own experience with them has been drama-free.  They have quirks just like all banks, but the couple of times I have needed to reach-out to them about something I was pleased with the outcome.

I happen to be a 'corner case' where the Propel is a good fit... no AF, 3% back on travel, and it's linked to my checking account for overdraft protection. That said, for many there are likely better choices around. 

Message 23 of 24
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

These are the banks that I wouldn't recommend - WF, Citibank, HSBC, Capital One and Barclay. However, if you're wanting to hit a SUB then I would recommend them and then cut them off. 💯.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.