cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you guys use autopay on your credit card bills? Why or why not?

tag
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you guys use autopay on your credit card bills? Why or why not?

I used to until I made a manual payment the day before the due date and AMEX still took out the Autopay for the full amount. There wasn't any notice that there was an autopayment pending when I made the manual payment. AMEX said there was a notice in the statement that said no changes could be made to autopay two days before the due date. It was buried on page 3.

It was a nightmare.  It caused my account to be overdrawn and the autopayment bounced.

Worse yet AMEX kept re-submitting the auto pay even after I called and explained what happened and that they had already been paid in full.

They said it was an automated system and they couldn't prevent it from re-submitting.  I had to call BOFA and explain what happened to them and they did a stop payment.

Luckily I was able to get both AMEX and BoA to refund all fees associated with the erroneous autopayment.  But it was a hairy couple of days.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 31 of 32
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: Do you guys use autopay on your credit card bills? Why or why not?

Nope, so used to paying myself can't seem to use auto pay just don't feel right.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.