Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have DCU?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Do you have DCU?

What! I'm all the way in So Cal and it came in 4 days. I was surprised too because it was the first card I received from my weekend app spree. For instance, I just got my Freedom card Tuesday and I app'd on the same day.
Message 11 of 40
rushx2112
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
What! I'm all the way in So Cal and it came in 4 days. I was surprised too because it was the first card I received from my weekend app spree. For instance, I just got my Freedom card Tuesday and I app'd on the same day.

Yeah not sure, it sounded like they hadn't even sent it yet, I'm a whole state closer in AZ too!  Should be here next week though so I have something to look forward to in the mail besides bills!

Message 12 of 40
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@rushx2112 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
I applied on a Sat evening for CC, Monday morning they called with approval and offered to refi my auto loan. Received my CC on Thursday, car loan docs were e-signed during my phone call. Checked the status of my auto loan with Chase (original lender) they received their funds two days later.

So my experience with the cc and auto refi was excellent.

I'm so jealous!  I was approved on 24 February and still haven't received mine!  I emailed them earlier this week and they said sorry for the delay 7-10 days Smiley Sad

Oh well, good things come to those who wait? Smiley Happy

Unfortunately this is the type of thing I was talking about, that others were having issues and I didn't.  You have a lot of patience because that is unreal to have to wait that long.  Heck a turtle could have delivered that CC by now.  Amazingly I apped on a Saturday morning, final approval on a Monday, money cleared for the deposit on Wednesday and by the next Saturday I had the CC in my hand.  So this is definitely unacceptable.....even for an institution that I support!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 13 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 14 of 40
zyzzus
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I have DCU, my DH and I have been members since 2005. They give you a free eq score and if your payroll is DD - credited up to 2 days early.

Plus, I like the shared branching. Not sure what you mean by is it worth it? My checks and account are free.

YMMV

I think I will eventually open a DCU account because of this.  I don't understand how/why it comes early but I would love it!  Plus the free eq score would be great.

Do they pull EQ when opening an account?  If i remember correctly the pull to open an account can not be used for credit products?

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 15 of 40
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I applied for a DCU membership for a checking account and a savings account.  I emailed copies of my driver's license, social security card, utility bill and paystub and they didn't approve me.  The reason section on the letter they sent me was very vague, so I called.  The girl who I talked to first said she thought it has something to do with my ID but she couldn't see the exact reason.  I asked to speak to her supervisor and he said it didn't have to do with my ID but something about my identity didn't match but he couldn't see what is was exactly.  I explained that everything I sent them matched in terms of name, address and even signature and that my name and address are the same on my credit reports and asked if there was anything else I could do or send them and he said there wasn't.  

I had applied for their credit card too and was approved for $7500.  That department told me that as soon as I got my membership number, I could email that to them and they would mail out my card.  

That was two hard pulls, one for the initial membership and one for the credit card.  It is appearing that they are having this issue with identity lately.  I would have understood if there was a legitimate reason behind their denial, such as having too many new accounts or my 7 1/2 year old bankruptcy, but they couldn't even see an exact reason when I asked them for it.  There aren't any credit unions in my area so I was hoping to join one this way but it wasn't meant to be.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 16 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yes they pull EQ for membership and a separate HP for credit products.
Message 17 of 40
zyzzus
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Yes they pull EQ for membership and a separate HP for credit products.

Thank-you.  I'll add that to my list this summer....

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 18 of 40
rushx2112
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@rushx2112
Were you a member already?

I was not, applied for both the same day

Message 19 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You are welcome. But as the previous poster mentioned, I would establish a membership first just in case. I would hate to leave an approved cc on the table.
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.