cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have a credit card with your main bank?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a credit card with your main bank?

I was just curious how many of you have a credit card(s) with the bank you use everyday. It sounds like a no brainer. Some banks such as BOA and Ally give you a bonus if you deposit the cash back into your checking account there. My next card is going to be with USAA, which is where I bank. Aside from the benefits to their cards that really appeal to me, I want to build up a core of cards that I'll keep for a very long time and doing that with my bank seems ideal.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Friarchuck
Established Member

Re: Do you have a credit card with your main bank?

I have two.  I bank with Bank of America and I have the Cash Rewards and the Better Balance Rewards.  With the Cash Rewards you get an extra 10% if you have them direct deposit it into a checking account and with the BBR you get an extra $5 on top of the $25 quarterly reward.  I'm using the BBR as a 0% balance transfer card for 15 months and you still get the rewards each quarter even if you make no purchases.  By the time I have the balance paid off the rewards from BBR will have doubled the balance transfer fee.

Message 2 of 42
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

I bank with both Wells Fargo and Chase. WF cards generally aren't worth having. And I don't like how WF has handled our mortgage. But Chase is a far different matter. I have a bunch of Chase credit cards and they are great! Chase rewards customers who have a relationship with them by approving them for lots of cards, subject to the 5/24 rule.

Message 3 of 42
Kidcat
Established Contributor

I bank with and have 3 cards with Chase.  I love that they update credit reports when you pay card to zero.  So you can let the balance post with your statement, and then pay it off.  I wish more would do that.

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 4 of 42
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I do not. My main bank in PNC, but for me their CC is not worth having. At least not for me. Even though I bank with them, I'm not going to hold a card that will not benefit me in the long run.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 42
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Yes, I have quite a number of cards from my primary bank, Chase. I also have two from my secondary bank, PenFed.

Message 6 of 42
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I actually closed my US bank Platinum CC and I do bank with them... Thinking of going to BofA for both personal & business.
Message 7 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:
I do not. My main bank in PNC, but for me their CC is not worth having. At least not for me. Even though I bank with them, I'm not going to hold a card that will not benefit me in the long run.

Yeah that makes sense. I wouldn't get one with your bank just to have it, but if the benefits are there then definitely.

Message 8 of 42
wachme
Contributor

No. My main bank is USAA and I am not military so wouldn't qualify for their credit products or insurance.

Message 9 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

PNC sent me an offer and I looked the card up and down. It would be nice to get it to go along with my bank account, but I would never use it. It would just clutter my portfolio.

I haven't even used my debit card in a year and a few months  Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.