cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have a credit card with your main bank?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you have a credit card with your main bank?

Yes, I switched from WF to NFCU last year and I have a GoRewards card with them.

Message 21 of 42
eagle2013
Established Contributor

i bank with PNC and use the Cashbuilder 1.75% cash back for my non-category spend. The CB redemption is high ($50) and no extra perks outside the CB unlike BofA amerideals. 

Message 22 of 42
sunkissed
Established Contributor

My main checking account is at Navy Federal Credit Union. I have two credit cards with them - Flagship and CashRewards.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do my banking with Charles Schwab, but have no credit cards with them. I really like the Schwab Bank accounts given that there are absolutely no fees and there are lots of other perks. I did ask about their new Schwab Investor Card co-branded Amex, but it seems I do not have the right type of brokerage account for the Schwab Amex cards.

However, I also have a Barclays Online Savings account, so I guess that means I technically bank with one of my card issuers.

Message 24 of 42
greent
Frequent Contributor

I just got my credit up to were my bank would approve me but I didn't think about getting a CC from my bank until recently but now I can't because I'm in the garden until further notice. So I basically don't have a CC thru my bank.

Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep! NFCU is my bank now and I have their cash rewards card!.

Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just curious how many of you have a credit card(s) with the bank you use everyday. It sounds like a no brainer. Some banks such as BOA and Ally give you a bonus if you deposit the cash back into your checking account there. My next card is going to be with USAA, which is where I bank. Aside from the benefits to their cards that really appeal to me, I want to build up a core of cards that I'll keep for a very long time and doing that with my bank seems ideal.

Yes, I have three Bank of America cards. I get better rewards because the amounts go directly innto my savings account. I have been very pleased with that. 

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope.

Message 28 of 42
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

Yep USAA World MC soon to be visa so I'm sad. I want to close it once they force the change to Visa next month, but the low interest and ease of using the card for emergencies, overdraft protection, ins payments etc makes it a hard decision.
Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@The_Gazelle12 wrote:
Yep USAA World MC soon to be visa so I'm sad. I want to close it once they force the change to Visa next month, but the low interest and ease of using the card for emergencies, overdraft protection, ins payments etc makes it a hard decision.

What's wrong with Visa?

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.