cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have paypal buyer credit, want the mastercard, you already got it!

tag
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you have paypal buyer credit, want the mastercard, you already got it!

Which bureau does Paypal pull for credit decisions?

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pull transunion.. It is not suppose to work like this, because if you look at there own website they list the mastercard, and buyer credit as two seperate products.
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Paypal debit card and intrested in doing this since I have no credit reporting and it's hurting my score. However when i go to my debit card settings I don't get the buyer credit option, just my checking and savings accounts. Is this something I have to apply for or what? And can I be declined for it, so I don't even bother yet. Thanks!
Message Edited by jaystay on 02-09-2010 01:05 PM
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you have to apply for the credit.  Yes you can be declined just like any other credit extension.  It is GEMB.

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the paypal debit card for years...and I mean years...my ebay account dates back to 2000 and it does not report on my credit report.
Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

no no no! your missing what I'm talking about.. It's a link up with your paypal debit card..

FIRST YOU MUST APPLY FOR PAYPAL CREDIT CARD, if you get denied you might get the PAYPAL BUYER CREDIT which can be used to buy anything from ebay, or other merchants, but I found a way so you can link it to your PAYPAL DEBIT card which is a mastercard and than can be used anywhere mastercard is accepted, It's actually really easy to get, I had a credit score of about 620 with tons of baddies, 20 inquires, bk7 and I still got approved..

Once you do all this, any purchase you make will earn you 2% CASHBACK as soon as you pay your bill,It's one of the best rewards I have seen in a while, they have a grace period too..

so you get paypal buyer credit, go to your settings, set it to your backup source first, than anytime you use your Paypal DEBIT card it will take the money from buyer credit which is like a credit card, which you pay monthly, but MAKE SURE you do not have a balance in your paypal account or it will take that first, so as long as it's $0 you will be using your paypal buyer credit.

I got started off with a $900 line, which is one of my highest lines, and I actually didn't use it for a few months until I figured this out, now I've charged a few thousand on it, paid it in full, and earned over $50 in cashback which you earn right away and is credited to your account in one day.

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh, I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying.
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the buyer's credit as well and I always use it like a credit card for years.The downfall is you can't have a ebay mastercard and a buyers credit line at the same time 
Message 18 of 29
aquatic1
Established Contributor

I have a question... If I applied for the paypal mastercard but get approved for the buyers credit, do you automatically get the paypal debit card?  I use ebay often so this would be a great thing either mastercard or buyers credit..

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aquatic1 wrote:
I have a question... If I applied for the paypal mastercard but get approved for the buyers credit, do you automatically get the paypal debit card?  I use ebay often so this would be a great thing either mastercard or buyers credit..

yes u will get the card automatically GL

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.