cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have paypal buyer credit, want the mastercard, you already got it!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have paypal buyer credit, want the mastercard, you already got it!

If you are like me and didn't get approved for the paypal mastercard, well you already got it and don't even know it, all you have to do is order a paypal debit card, link it to the account, go to the settings, set it so if you don't have a balance it goes to the buyer credit, so anytime you use the mastercard it uses the buyer credit and boom, now you can use it anywhere not only where they say.. I bet no one knew about this! I figured it out, haha pretty nice!

plus you even get 2% cashback on EVERYTHING.. 

If I helped you let me know, I'm curious who didn't know about this.. It's a pretty easy card to get too..

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you have paypal buyer credit, want the mastercard, you already got it!

We have had the paypal debit card with buyer credit as default for quite some time.

But truthfully, about the only time I use the buyer credit is if I buy something on ebay....pay to checkout, then PIF monthly.

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 29
newstart2010
Blogger

does it report to the CRAs?
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it reports to all three of them, It is a error it is not suppose to be like this, because the paypal buyer credit is only supposed to be used on ebay and certain merchant sites..
Message 4 of 29
SDChrgrboy2
Valued Member

]Yes it reports to all three of them, It is a error it is not suppose to be like this, because the paypal buyer credit is only supposed to be used on ebay and certain merchant sites.

great, now that you let the whole world know, they will probably change it. And I know of other people that  have figured it out

Message Edited by SDChrgrboy2 on 02-08-2010 12:12 PM
Message Edited by SDChrgrboy2 on 02-08-2010 12:12 PM
Message 5 of 29
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Just a reminder to all to please be Friendly, Supportive & Respectful.... when posting in these forums.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

guess I do not get where you make these settings?  Where in paypal do you make these changes?

It ends up being a line of credit then?  your paypal balance will just go negative?   How does it work exactly?

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the paypal buyer credit as a "backup funding source" to your paypal debit card is NOT a mistake nor error.

You click on PROFILE.  Then click on PAYPAL DEBIT CARD.  Then click CHANGE where it shows your backup payment method.  It will have "LINE OF CREDIT FOR YOUR PAYPAL BUYER CREDIT" as an option, if you have paypal buyer credit.  Select it and then SUBMIT.

No, your paypal balance will not go negative.  PayPal will use existing balance funds first, then it will pull funds from your backup source.  Backup sources can be a bank account, credit/debit card or your paypal buyer credit.

Therefore, if you have a $1000 paypal buyer credit account, you can turn your PayPal debit card into effectively a credit card by having a zero paypal account balance, then use your paypal debit card which will pull funds from your paypal buyer credit account as a "backup payment source" because your paypal balance is zero.  The debit card provides a reward of 1.5% I believe and there is no cash fee or advanced fee on it.

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh ok, I had this set already.. never used it though when I did not have the funds in my paypal account.  It shows 1000 dollar buyer credit thinger on my account.  Looks like it will just suck it outta my checking account if I go negative.

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you set your paypal buyer credit as your default funding source and as your backup payment method, then it will not pull from checking unless you manually select the checking at time of payment (online).

Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.