cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need good credit to get an store credit card ... Macy's? Sears? Etc??

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do you need good credit to get an store credit card ... Macy's? Sears? Etc??

HTSU..."The Dark Side"? No, they are the "Others". We are the good guys.
Message 21 of 35
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you need good credit to get an store credit card ... Macy's? Sears? Etc??

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Sorry, guys, I'm guessing that this was a reference to one of the different credit forums that we clump under the phrase of "The Dark Side," as they don't feel particularly constrained by ethics and such. As part of our Terms and Conditions, we don't publish links or referrals to them.

I apologize, didn't realize that was considered an off limits place for here.
Message 22 of 35
happy0510
Established Contributor

I'm gonna apply for a target and macy's!! $100 CL?? Geese....my 2 year old son should qualify for that!!  I'll let you know how it goes....i hate the "waiting period" Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 35
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Go to Target and buy something and pay with M/C.  They'll probably give you a store card right then and there....lol
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 24 of 35
happy0510
Established Contributor

I am always so embarrassed to try that! LOL I'll do it!!

Message 25 of 35
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Go to the service desk and pay (usually there isn't a line there and they are more prone to take the time to ask.)  Target has an awesome software setup on their financial end.  That's why they switched to auto CLI's I think.  The puters do all the work...lol.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 26 of 35
happy0510
Established Contributor

Unknown...do you have a target?

Message 27 of 35
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Yes, I have the Target Red Store card.  Got it in Dec 07 with a 200 limit, charged it to 194 paid it off and it's still at 200...And I got 5 bux credit because I paid to much...lol.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 28 of 35
happy0510
Established Contributor

Hey that's coool!! LOL  If you don't mind sharing your scores and baddies???

Message 29 of 35
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

no baddies, just LOADS of inqiries....50+ inq's. lol

03/26/08 TransUnion 615
03/26/08 Equifax 596
03/26/08 Experian 613

07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.