cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you still have your.......................

tag
dilettante
Established Contributor

Re: Do you still have your.......................

No. Got a Macy's card in high school, went away to college and forgot about it and bill went to collections. After paying it off, cut up the card. Got a summer job with them during break and decided wanted to shop with them again. Opened another account after I got my first "real job" and so this is my oldest credit card.  They still haven't forgiven me after all these years because they have rarely given me auto CLI's and so it's my lowest CL stuck at 2k.

Message 21 of 57
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Yup, still have my Capital One card although it's been PC'd a couple times over the years from Platinum VISA > Cash Rewards > QuickSilver.

Message 22 of 57
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Very first CC that you received? My sister got her Sport Chalet VISA on April 2012 and plans to keep up as a memory. It looks just like this)

I wish!  It was a Carte Blanche card, from the early 70s.  If I knew then what I know now!  Have no idea what may have transpired had I kept it all these years. 

Message 23 of 57
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thats so cool, I dont have one yet as well, Once you learn about credit its somehting nice to have a memory, since its not easy to obtain one(I know it isnt easy for me right now)

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 24 of 57
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

When I first went off to college - this was in 2001 -  the credit card companies had reps at the Welcome Weekend hawking their wares...that's actually how I got the Fleet card (they'd approved me when I opened up my bank account with them)

I don't think they're allowed to do that anymore. My mailbox at school used to get flooded with credit card offers after the first couple of months of having that card.

Unfortunately it all went downhill from there..lol. I wish MyFico forums had been around back then.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 25 of 57
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

My first CC was a paypal extras mastercard, which i shredded after it charged off. =*(
Message 26 of 57
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Nope, very first card went bye-bye a very long time ago when a comet wiped out the dinosaurs.

But, I still have my Cap1 Visa -- recently converted to Venture -- that I've had since 1999.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 27 of 57
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

I still have my first card, which used to be an Orchard Bank secured mastercard. It is currently a Capital One Platinum Mastercard.

However, I don't physically still have the card after I got 3 of them in one month: the Orchard Bank secured card renewal, the personalized Capital One Platinum, and the mass mailings of the Capital One Platinum, which was the same exact card with my personalized image except with an extra month for the expiration -_-

Naturally I shredded everything but the most recent card XD

Message 28 of 57
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I still have my first card. Good old Capital One. I use it every once in a while to keep with having some activity. It's been in my stock drawer since last year when I got my Freedom card.

500-->750-->1500-->5000 CL *sigh* Just made 3!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 29 of 57
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

hahaha@tinuviel I am awating for my first CC like a bear trying to await for the first fish to jump out of that river and snatch it! Thanks for sharing!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.