cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you still have your.......................

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Do you still have your.......................

@injustifiiable wrote:

I still have my old cards from when I was 18 and didn't know any better. Unfortunately  the accounts themselves have been closed.

Capital One Platinum Visa (with the Starry Night image design)

Sears Gold MasterCard (actually issued by Sears National Bank back then before Citi took them over)

Fleet Bank Fusion Visa (it had a cool smart chip which I never used...this was before EMV)

They're still in a drawer with some other cards I'd acquired along the way and I keep them to remind me  to never go back to the place I was back then.

Do you recall what (and how) the chip was used for (as it wasn't EMV)?

Message 41 of 57
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Lord no I don't have my first card. I remember that it was a First Premier card and I got it when I was in college - I must have just turned 18 Smiley Surprised My CL was $500 and I didn't know a darn thing about credit or finances and consequently, got into a lot of trouble with it. My parents didn't teach me anything about money - it was all very mysterious to my ignorant 18 y.o. self. I'm glad that I've become more confident and knowledgeable about finances - and I don't miss that FP at all!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 42 of 57
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I do.. it was Chase 2006. Smiley Happy Hope to never close it honestly.
Message 43 of 57
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

I still have my old cards from when I was 18 and didn't know any better. Unfortunately  the accounts themselves have been closed.

Capital One Platinum Visa (with the Starry Night image design)

Sears Gold MasterCard (actually issued by Sears National Bank back then before Citi took them over)

Fleet Bank Fusion Visa (it had a cool smart chip which I never used...this was before EMV)

They're still in a drawer with some other cards I'd acquired along the way and I keep them to remind me  to never go back to the place I was back then.

Do you recall what (and how) the chip was used for (as it wasn't EMV)?

I remember at the time they were trying to push it for use in online transactions. Compaq was even selling a keyboard you could use with it (the idea being the chip stored the card number and billing address so you wouldn't have to type it.)

It didn't pick up as well as it was planned, of course. If I remember right, I was PC'd over to a regular Platinum Plus card once BoA bought Fleet.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 44 of 57
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Signet Bank Visa...Long ago cut up.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 45 of 57
Startome
Regular Contributor

I still have my first card!!!!! It came in the mail two months ago Robot LOL

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 46 of 57
missjae
Established Contributor

I don't have my first card. I totally screwed up my credit and probably threw them all out. I have the 1st card from my rebuild which is a cap1 from 2004. It's still open...hoping to get that limit increased in the near future.
Message 47 of 57
creditjail
Regular Contributor

No.  First card I received was a secured credit card $300 that I maxed out the next day.  Glad that was over a century ago.Smiley Happy

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Message 48 of 57
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@IcEWoLF Yeah they closed it but do you still have the card it self?

Nope, destroyed the card few years back.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 49 of 57
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

I wish i still had my first "Mastercharge" . That was way back in the day before electronics. The credit card company sent a book weekly to merchants with lists of cards not to be honored. Ah the good old days. No cell phones, few computers, apple Ii came out around then, could write a check and know you had 3-5 days to cover it, the very earliest atms let you keep taking money out after hours even if your balance was to too low to cover it. Visa was just heginning to be a thought, and mastercharge was changing to master card. Sorry, takes me back..and now badk tot the thread.
Message 50 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.