Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodgeball finds true love NFCU !

tag
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dodgeball finds true love NFCU !

When you request a credit limit, do you enter the total amount including your current limit? I applied for the Navy platinum card back on Feb/13 and I don't want to take a chance on a HP.Should I wait for the six month to garden.

Message 21 of 32
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@Zelaya wrote:

When you request a credit limit, do you enter the total amount including your current limit? I applied for the Navy platinum card back on Feb/13 and I don't want to take a chance on a HP.Should I wait for the six month to garden.

Enter the amount of "increase" you want.

*8/10/13
Message 22 of 32
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@Zelaya wrote:

You take a chance on a hard pull if you hit that button! If you cannot spare the pull, I would garden 6 months.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 23 of 32
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

@Zelaya wrote:

You take a chance on a hard pull if you hit that button! If you cannot spare the pull, I would garden 6 months.

Thanks, I can't afford another HP I recently opened 3 new accounts including a auto refi with Navy FCU. Every time I call customer service they always will tell me it's going to be a hard pull. I love this forum as you learn from other members experience.

Message 24 of 32
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Zelaya wrote:

You put in the amount you want including your current limit.  I opened my account at the end of Dec and requested my first CLI at the beginning of March.  Mehhh now that resulted in an HP.  I was at $5K and requested $10K and it wasn't instant and they countered to $7500.  I also did a NavCheck that day as well and was approved for that for $3k.

And today, after reading again Mr. Dodgeball doing his thing AGAIN, I decided to try my hand at it too because I really wanted that $10K.

So this time I asked for $1k and it was instant, did $1K again and it was instant, and then did 500 at was instant.

So TBH, this hp vs sp is all YMMV but today was definitely my day for sp's.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 25 of 32
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@Zelaya wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

@Zelaya wrote:

Thanks, I can't afford another HP I recently opened 3 new accounts including a auto refi with Navy FCU. Every time I call customer service they always will tell me it's going to be a hard pull. I love this forum as you learn from other members experience.

Fortune to the brave !

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 26 of 32
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Congrats, dodgeball! Out of curiosity, what is your income level?

Thanks,
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 27 of 32
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@searchingfor67 wrote:
Congrats, dodgeball! Out of curiosity, what is your income level?

Thanks,

80k with entitlements

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 28 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 29 of 32
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Thanks Everybody

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.