cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does AMEX 3x CLI work with Costco True Earnings?

tag
slweal87
Contributor

Does AMEX 3x CLI work with Costco True Earnings?

I am thinking of trying for the 3x CLI for my Amex but I realize the Costco True Earnings card is not really a regular Amex card. Does anyone know if they behave the same with respect to the 3x CLI?

1. WFCU Visa (2,000) 2. Chase Freedom (1,500) 3. Chase Amazon (300) 4. Chase Sapphire non-preferred (5,000) 5. Discover IT (3,500) 6. Capital One Quicksilver (3,000) 7. Citibank Dividend (4,300) 8. AMEX Costco True Earnings (5,000) 9. Barclaycard Arrival w/ AF (3,000) 10. Target REDcard (2,700) 11. Amex Blue Cash Everyday (10,000)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does AMEX 3x CLI work with Costco True Earnings?

You can request a CLI @61 days with the AMEX TE card. I request mine, was declined 3x amount but was countered with a reasonable increase. I think my denial was more due my income and thin file.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@slweal87 wrote:

I am thinking of trying for the 3x CLI for my Amex but I realize the Costco True Earnings card is not really a regular Amex card. Does anyone know if they behave the same with respect to the 3x CLI?

TE is a 'real' Amex and is eligible for 3x Cli. 

Message 3 of 6
slweal87
Contributor

Okay good to hear. I just mean in respect to a lot of the promotional AMEX offers, Costco card does not qualify (ie spend 15$ at Panera and get 5$ statement credit, etc) So I was unsure with respect to the 3x CLI.

Thank you all

1. WFCU Visa (2,000) 2. Chase Freedom (1,500) 3. Chase Amazon (300) 4. Chase Sapphire non-preferred (5,000) 5. Discover IT (3,500) 6. Capital One Quicksilver (3,000) 7. Citibank Dividend (4,300) 8. AMEX Costco True Earnings (5,000) 9. Barclaycard Arrival w/ AF (3,000) 10. Target REDcard (2,700) 11. Amex Blue Cash Everyday (10,000)
Message 4 of 6
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

It does qualify for some of their offers. Last month I was able to use the spend $75 get $25 off from Amazon.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@slweal87 wrote:

I am thinking of trying for the 3x CLI for my Amex but I realize the Costco True Earnings card is not really a regular Amex card.

Not sure what you mean.  It's issued by Centurion Bank so the 3X CLI applies.

@slweal87 wrote:

I just mean in respect to a lot of the promotional AMEX offers, Costco card does not qualify (ie spend 15$ at Panera and get 5$ statement credit, etc) 

It qualifies for offers as well.  I currently have 6 available for my TE.  In any case, the offers aren't relevant to the 3X CLI.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.