Did you mean: 

Does AMEX remember past history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does AMEX remember past history

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CO on a Gold Biz I had with them.  Back in 2002 I suppose.  BK due to fall off in 2/12.

Everything else clean with a CreditSecure FAKO EX of 732.

Approved for green this past May.  Rejected back in 11/2009.  Both were online apps.

Even got my account backdated to 2000 since that is what the website showed me when I activated the card lol.

Still trying to backdate to my first green, from 1991.  That was perfectly clean and I closed it for some silly reason back in the mid 90's.

How were you able to successfully get it backdated? Did Amex give you a hard time?

I am trying to figure out if I can get Amex to backdate my new Amex CC. However, I was only a AU on the card about 15yrs ago.

Anyone confirm this or have success in trying to get Amex to backdate when they were just an AU?

Thanks in advance........

I just called and asked.  I am still trying for 1991 though but that one doesn't "seem to be in the system anymore".

there is a long thread on creditboards about Amex AU and backdating.

Message 21 of 26
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Back in my silly college days, I got the AMEX Blue for Students right when it became available (sometime around 2001).  I don't think I paid more than 2 bills over the course of having the card for a year...(yea I know...absolutely embarrassing Smiley Sad)

Anyway, the account went into collections to the tune of about $1300. After I graduated, I ended up paying the collections company (Portfolio Recovery Smiley SurprisedSmiley Mad) just over $1400 total to clear the balance and whatever other fees were associated with the collection.  AMEX stopped reporting the collection account and so did Portfolio; this was around 2005.

Anyway, since applying and receiving a AMEX Gold back in 2009, I know have Zync, Blue Preferred ($8500) and HHonors ($8500).  And of course, I do AMEX right these days, I use the cards and I make multiple payments per month.

Of course, this isn't going to be the case with every situation...so, YMMV!

Good Luck

***From ashy to classy***
Message 22 of 26
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I got the Amex Blue in 11/10 with a settled Amex chargeoff on my EX report.  I got the Clear 1/11 with that same CO on CR.  I just got the Amex Preferred and haven't checked yet to see if that CO is still on there.  They backdated everything to when I had that first COed account.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 23 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

I wonder how my situation fits into that. I had an Optima Platinum with a CL of $2000 back in 2001. I closed the account becasue I was not using it in 2005 and the balance was 0. So I consider this to have been a positive account since I closed it on my own terms.

By the end of this year I hope my EX is high enough so I can app for an AMEX Zync. I will know my EX FICO next month.

BUT, in 2006 I got a Corporate AMEX green from my company. So when I log in to account, it says 'member since 2006' shouldn't it say since 2001?

Message 24 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@CS800 wrote:

I wonder how my situation fits into that. I had an Optima Platinum with a CL of $2000 back in 2001. I closed the account becasue I was not using it in 2005 and the balance was 0. So I consider this to have been a positive account since I closed it on my own terms.

By the end of this year I hope my EX is high enough so I can app for an AMEX Zync. I will know my EX FICO next month.

BUT, in 2006 I got a Corporate AMEX green from my company. So when I log in to account, it says 'member since 2006' shouldn't it say since 2001?

A positive account is one that doesn't have any negatives on it (late payments, etc.) Closure by consumer vs by lender doesn't affect this. I have a couple of old cards closed by lenders due to non-usage, and they are positive accounts.

Your Corporate AmEx is issued to you by your company. While you're presumably liable for the payments, and a late payment would probably show up on your reports, it's not actually your account, so it won't show 2001.

If you get another card in your name, I would think that it would have 2001.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 25 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

Hauling, , thanks for the clarification.

The optima i had was barely used and never late. I had a CL of $2000 but i think the most I ever charged on it was $50 and paid it off. So in this sense, i think I have a positive record with AMEX. I closed it because back then; being credit ignorant, i had 10 credit cards and decided to close half of them. No i bite myself thinking ,I should have kept the AMEX since there was no AF.

Well i will get my chance to get another AMEX in the near future.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.