cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does AMEX sometimes take awhile to post SUB?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does AMEX sometimes take awhile to post SUB?

So I got my Cash Magnet in June and the SUB was applied the next day after my last purchase that crossed $1K but my BCP seems to be taking longer. It's been past the $1095 required spend (because of the AF) for about a week now and the SUB hasn't posted. I didn't get any no SUB pop up when I applied and I just checked and I do have 0% APR on the card. Should I just give it some more time? When do I want to reach out to them about it? I got the card in October so I definitely didn't miss my SUB period - it hasn't even reported yet. 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Does AMEX sometimes take awhile to post SUB?

It's not like it hurts anything to just chat and ask them about it, but the terms typically give them 8-12 weeks to post it. Typically they are much quicker, but it can take longer than a week. I would give it another week and then ask, but again, it really doesn't harm anything to ask if it's bugging you.

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will wait. I am just trying to get my budget together for next month and that's $300 that I was including in my current budget. It's not really a huge deal as long as it posts eventually. 

They really can't call me a churner since my roommates have been using the Cash Magnet. It's not a lot of spend but it's still more usage than most of my cards are getting right now. 

Message 3 of 28
bergrides
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got my Cash Magnet in June and the SUB was applied the next day after my last purchase that crossed $1K but my BCP seems to be taking longer. It's been past the $1095 required spend (because of the AF) for about a week now and the SUB hasn't posted. I didn't get any no SUB pop up when I applied and I just checked and I do have 0% APR on the card. Should I just give it some more time? When do I want to reach out to them about it? I got the card in October so I definitely didn't miss my SUB period - it hasn't even reported yet. 

@Sareen:  I believe the AF does not count towards the spend.  Are you over the spend without the AF?

Thanks

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bergrides wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sareen:  I believe the AF does not count towards the spend.  Are you over the spend without the AF?

Thanks

He is. The spend is $1k. He mentioned $1095 to include the fact that the AF plus the spend has been handled.

@Anonymous give it til Monday or Tuesday and then ask. All of mine posted quickly like yours did with the CM. It should come fast.

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bergrides wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

Yes as ImTheDevil says, I just added the $95 on top of the $1K requirement, hence the $1095. 

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@bergrides wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

He is. The spend is $1k. He mentioned $1095 to include the fact that the AF plus the spend has been handled.

@Anonymous give it til Monday or Tuesday and then ask. All of mine posted quickly like yours did with the CM. It should come fast.

Thanks. I will wait. I had always heard that AMEX posts SUBs like lightning too which is why I checked to make sure I got the intro APR. I wouldn't think AMEX would void the cash SUB and leave the intro APR intact. At least I haven't heard of anyone who was told they weren't eligible for the SUB still getting the 0%. 

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't either. None of my cards gave me a zero percent intro (my scores weren't good enough) but all of my cards' SUBs posted within 24 hours of hitting the required spend.  I would definitely call if it doesn't show up by midweek.

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do. 

I mean this card definitely won't be getting the SD treatment so it would really suck to lose the SUB when they charged me an AF on a card that's used for groceries every week. I haven't even bought any gift cards at the store with it and I hit the SUB with a lot of 1% (App Store, Comcast) to boot. 

Message 9 of 28
bergrides
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bergrides wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

Yes as ImTheDevil says, I just added the $95 on top of the $1K requirement, hence the $1095. 

Ah, I was wondering since the number was 1095.00.  I just looked at my spreadsheet, and I got my signup bonus on the BCP (first Amex card) 2 days after the charge posted that brought me over 1K.  I would give them a call or hit them up on chat.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.